So How would Mobilicity Work in a non-Core area? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-07-14, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

So How would Mobilicity Work in a non-Core area?

I have been reading the posts on this but remain confused. I live in Oakville, which is a non-core area for Mobilicity (according to their website map). Yet there appear to be others here on the forum that live in the same area and seem to be using it. Is it simply a matter of subscribing to the province wide LD package and you're set, or is there something more fundamental i'm missing here? Many thx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-07-14, 09:20 AM
Member #1

Outside the Zone, you would be roaming and paying 20 cents per minute. An LD plan would not help you.

Zones are not strict lines in space. Oakville is on the outer edge of their coverage so its possible that if you are on the Eastern edge of Oakville, you may still get service but certainly not guaranteed.

If you live in Oakville the Mobilicity is definitely not for you.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-07-14, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Thx Hugh. That's what I had originally concluded, but then some of the other posts seemed to suggest otherwise. Will have another look at Wind. Service will be for my son who won't be using it too far outside the Oakville area anytime soon.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-07-14, 10:07 AM
Member #1

If its just a little bit of talk, Public Mobile covers Oakville and is $15 a month for unlimited talk.

I can't comment on Public Mobile service, just throw it out there as another possibility.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in