Mobilicity: XLink BTTN Cellular Bluetooth Gateway - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-05-25, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Mobilicity: XLink BTTN Cellular Bluetooth Gateway

I'm curious if anyone is using this device.

Quote:
Product Features:
  • Make and receive cell phone calls from any home phone, while leaving your cell phone tethered to its charger.
  • Enjoy the convenience of your cell phone without sacrificing the comfort and convenience of your conventional handsets.
  • Leave your cell phone stationary in its location of best reception. XLink frees you to move about your home or office using your wired extensions or multiple cordless handsets.
  • Designed to accommodate any Bluetooth® profile or cell phone configuration.
  • Connect up to 3 individual cell phones to one system, with unique ring patterns.
  • No extra cables or modules..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-10-19, 08:10 PM

Question XLink Review - Need help re: removing landline at demarcation point

I bought one a month ago and was waiting for the launch of the iPhone 4S to port my number to the cell and get rid of my landline. The using the XLink with a set of wireless phone appears to work very well. Calls coming from the iPhone ring on all the phones connected to the base. The call and name display appear on the phones and calls can be made from any of the phones.

I am having an issue connecting with the wire phones in the house any assistance would be appreciated. The instruction say that I need to disconnect at the demarcation point and the other phones should work if I plug in the wired system.

I found what I think was the demarcation point. The switch I found looks identical to the photo that appears on the Wikipedia listing for demarcation point (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demarcation_point - 20th century Bell Canada demarcation point). I removed all the wires that were attached including the ground. I would have expected that this would disconnect me. However, I still have a tone on the phone and if I when try to phone out I get a Bell message. Any advice would be appreciated?

Hugh: if there is a better thread to post this feel free to move or let me know and I can repost.

Thanks
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-10-21, 07:06 PM
Veteran

So if you don't have access to the demarcation point (i.e. apartment inside of a house), can you use this service or not?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-10-21, 10:10 PM

I resolved my issue. There was a second demarcation point above the first one under a ceiling tile. Everything works great.

99gecko,

I don’t how telephones are set up in an apartment setting. You don’t need to unhook the demarcation point to use the service only if you need to use the existing wiring. In an apartment, I would just connect the box to a wireless system with a few extensions. That would work great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in