WHATTyou can do about COPPA - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By NeilN

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2019-11-26, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

WHATTyou can do about COPPA

For those wondering what you can do for a defense against the COPPA YouTube restrictions, you can take a look at this video and the links in its description. Those links can provide somethings that can help. If you could also spread this 2 as many people as possible b4 Dec 9, it would be truly gr8fully appreciated 🙂

The Confusing Truth About The COPPA And YouTube Problem - YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 2019-12-01, 01:31 AM
Veteran

meh! boring. its just a silly YouTube channel, if it gets deleted big whoop, find something else to do with your time like maybe find a job or something
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 2019-12-01, 02:01 AM
Veteran

This is their job for many YouTube video creators, many of whom have hundreds of thousands of subscribers.

--
Neil

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2019-12-01, 08:56 AM
Veteran

well when you don't make the money you want at one job what do people normally do? find something else right? sounds pretty straight forward to me. I did not like my first job at Macdonalds, so I left and found a better job at Burger King instead and was way happier, plus i did not have to clean toilets anymore. people have such sense of entitlements now a days, let it go will ya?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2019-12-01, 02:47 PM
Veteran

Do you even understand what is happening? They like what they're doing. Many of them get paid well for what they're doing. Now, due to a questionable implementation of U.S. government legislation, YouTube is going to make it harder for them to attract followers and funding. If the government said people in your profession had to be trained and licensed and the industry unilaterally decided that training/licensing would cost you $20,000 a year would you "let it go"?
DSgamby likes this.

--
Neil
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2019-12-01, 05:17 PM
Veteran

happens all the time. the former Ontario provincial government passed a certain bill 2 years ago which affected a certain industry I was working in, the legislation meant my job was no longer in existence, I did what anyone else did, PACK MY BAGS AND MOVE ON AND FIND ANOHTER JOB. life sucks, its not always fair, pack your bags and move on like everyone else. you cant fight and win with the government
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2019-12-01, 07:23 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilN View Post
This is their job for many YouTube video creators, many of whom have hundreds of thousands of subscribers.

A lot of them have millions and millions of subscribers.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2019-12-01, 09:45 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17671 View Post
happens all the time. the former Ontario provincial government passed a certain bill 2 years ago which affected a certain industry I was working in, the legislation meant my job was no longer in existence, I did what anyone else did, PACK MY BAGS AND MOVE ON AND FIND ANOHTER JOB.
Passive citizens such as yourself who just roll over and take it are any government's dream.

Quote:
life sucks, its not always fair, pack your bags and move on like everyone else. you cant fight and win with the government
First, this is not the government - this is YouTube's interpretation of how to implement a government regulation. Second, protests against government regulation, proposed or otherwise, certainly do work. Look up "Clipper chip" and SOPA for two examples. My guess in this case is that the FCC will issue some "guidance" that will let Youtube cover its behind while leaving most channel owners unaffected.

--
Neil
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2019-12-02, 03:45 PM
Veteran

No one cares about Coppa, waste of time

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in