OPPO Digital Shutting Down - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 2018-04-08, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

OPPO Digital Shutting Down

This is such sad news...

Every Home Theatre enthusiast knows that over the past 14 years only one name sat atop the DVD/Bluray and now 4K all encompassing players.

They were THE best in customer service that I have ever seen.

Once I had an issue playing a disk on a Sunday...I sent an e-mail and received a fix within 2 hours...crazy I know...but that's what they were like.

I was fortunate enough to have several of their products and if you have the means...jump on whatever product you might find.

This was taken from their website:

Farewell
April 2, 2018
It has been 14 years since we established OPPO Digital in the United States, and with the support of our customers, technical partners, and movie/music studios, we produced many award-winning Hi-Fi audio products and universal disc players, spanning three generations from DVD, Blu-ray, to 4K UHD.
As our latest 4K UHD players reach the pinnacle of their performance, it is time to say goodbye. We are proud to have made such well-regarded products and to have served the enthusiast community. Without our customers' suggestions, encouragement, and support, we could not have accomplished these achievements.
Though OPPO Digital will gradually stop manufacturing new products, existing products will continue to be supported, warranties will still be valid, and both in-warranty and out-of-warranty repair services will continue to be available. Firmware will continue to be maintained and updates released from time to time. Customers can rest assured that they will continue to receive the high quality service and support that they have come to expect from OPPO Digital.
We greatly appreciate the opportunity to have developed such exciting products for our customers. It has been an honor.
Best regards,

All of us at OPPO Digital

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in