Wireless Headphones (Toronto) - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-04-13, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Question Wireless Headphones (Toronto)

Hi,

I put up a thread long ago about this; got some help as well, but in the end I couldn't get a definitive answer. Somehow, search isn't bringing up that thread of mine. So, please forgive me for starting a new one.

I have a Samsung LNT4069 TV, and Samsung HT-TWZ312. Currently, I don't use the TV's sound, but the HT's sound. I'd like to use wireless headphones for the sound from the HT (wife sleeping, me playing video games, or her watching TV while I'm working, etc), but seeing as I don't have any ports available, I don't think I can (unless you gurus know of a way). The open ports are HDMI out and Component out on the HT as you can see below:

I'm sure most of you understand why I want the HT sound in the headphones. It's because of all the sound effects that I could possibly miss out on by using the TV's sound. However, if the headphones will have their own "effects" if I channel through the TV's sound, then let's hear it. I have the following ports available on the TV:

Just an FYI, there's an 11ft gap between the TV and the couch. I'd not leave the couch as much, especially when playing games. But I'll walk to the kitchen, which is to the left of the TV or to the right of the TV (PC), which is still 10-15 feet away from the TV.
It would be GREAT if I could get suggestions on how to setup, and where in Toronto I could get such a product (Futureshop, Bestbuy, etc)

Thanks a lot for reading!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-04-14, 12:11 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Here's your previous thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=92104

If you ever can't find one of your posts go up to "quick links" and scroll down to "my posts". Or click on your username and go to "find posts by" or something similar.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-04-14, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for that, really appreciate it. Since I already have this one up, I guess it won't make sense to bump that one up.

So here is what I did. I went ahead and bought Acoustics Research 5.1 Surround Wireless Headset (which I'm still evaluating since I don't like the hard set headset). However, with only Component Out and HDMI (which the headset doesn't support) and AUX IN 2 (the red/white shown below the yellow in the picture above), I don't see how I can interface with the headset. Don't I need a "Audio OUT" or something like that on the HT to be able to use it?

Thanks again, 57.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-04-21, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Alright, since everyone is really helpful on here unless I'm really experienced.. I bought Sennheiser headphones and returned the Acoustics Research 5.1 Surround Wireless Headset because of comfort issues.

Sennheiser came with a little connected that put the red and black(?) cable into a converter of some sort with the other end looking like the earphone jack. I plugged this in to my TV and it works!

So, whenever I feel like using it, I mute the Samsung HT and let the TV sound take over. I don't know if I like that procedure, but meh, it works. Now, the DVD aspect of the Samsung HT comes alive due to a HDMI connection to the TV. So the sound of the DVD is played through the HT, and the video is obviously going through the TV. When I feel like watching a DVD using headphones, I am not able to make it work because as I mentioned earlier there doesn't seem to be an "OUT" anymore. It had a HDMI OUT but that's taken for the connection with the TV. No more OUTs. What can I do to get the DVD sound through headphones too?

Tags
wireless

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in