Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - NFC payment systems in Canada

View Single Post
post #44 of (permalink) Old 2014-01-23, 02:34 PM
TorontoColin

I disagree. I carry a single Visa card, but there are rare occasions in which I would prefer to use a different credit card. If I could carry those on my phone, I would have access to them on those rare occasions without needing to carry them with me, which I refuse to do.

There are other situations where I could see it being useful too. When I go for a run, I bring my phone but not my wallet. If I could pay for things with my phone, I could stop for a smoothie on my way back, on impulse. Also, while this is extremely rare, I have in the past forgotten my wallet, or forgotten my credit card at home. I know a couple of people who do this all the time.

For now, I'd insist on carrying my bank card still, but in a decade, if the wireless payment infrastructure has become standardized, I could see myself leaving that behind as well. I don't know about you, but my phone hasn't fully died on me in a long, long time. There was a time when I couldn't imagine leaving my Starbucks card at home, even though I could pay with the app, but that changed. I see no reason why my credit card wouldn't be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
When I can get those points by using my phone, I guess I'll switch.
If/when PC supports it, I would expect it to come with all the same rewards as your plastic card.

Rules of the Forum | DHC Help Desk
DHC now supports Tapatalk for mobile devices!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome