Virgin Mobile auto top-up was removed from my account - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By 57
  • 1 Post By ExDilbert

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-01-30, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Virgin Mobile auto top-up was removed from my account

Just a warning to check your auto top-up. For some reason Virgin could not explain why my credit card was removed from my auto top-up. Strange as they had my credit card on file once I called. They also now charge $1 to call them via 611 for the top-up. Maybe other inquiries as well, I didn't ask. But rep did waive the $1 fee. I have a feeling this was a Virgin problem and nothing I did on my end. I still had the text from exactly 1 year ago where it said "auto top-up was successful and my credit card did not change or expire in the last year.

So I had the rep re-activate my auto-top-up. The kicker was I did not qualify for the 10% promo (after I asked). So I simply said I would go to the website and re-activate auto top-up to get the 10%. Rep then added $10 to the account.

Caveat emptor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-01-30, 03:34 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
I had the same sort of glitch in December with Rogers PAYGo. For some reason it didn't Auto-top up and then I lost my $150 balance too. Gave them a call and it was corrected right away, but it does show that you need to check occasionally to make sure. CSR had no explanation for the glitch. I check once a month after my normal auto-top-up date. I also take a screenshot of my activity because there is no "statement" for PAYGo on Rogers.
Jake likes this.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-01-30, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I remember reading your post which prompted me to post my experience. Seems like some sort of "purge" they do from time to time. Obviously to their advantage.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-01-31, 12:19 AM
Veteran

I had a similar experience with Bell. They "lost" my updated credit card information and cancelled my PAYGO plan along with the ~$150 accumulated carry over credits. I guess that's one way to get those pesky consumer credits off their books. I suspect they are a negative on the company balance sheets.
Jake likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in