Along the same lines as the OP- I was actually quite shocked at what Telus offered me to come back to them from Shaw.
Currently I have internet and Phone Basic from Shaw for about $54 per month. I called Telus to see what they had for me, and they were able to blow the doors off that deal:
- $70.95 per month for a "Call Philippines" and internet bundle, no other line items.
- Long distnace over minutes to Phillipines @ 15¢ instead of Shaw's 17¢. (That will also save me another $10 per month.)
- 2 free calling features
- 3 months free
- Bad news- 1 year contract.
So once I factor in the 100 included minutes to the Philippines would have cost me $17 on Shaw, that brings the net cost down to the same $54. Factor in the 3 months free and I save over $200 there, and another $10/ month on long distance. Even if I want to cancel before the year is up, the fee is $120, so I still am further ahead if I want to switch back.
(And yes, I am also aware of Telus' internet speed- I'm fine with 3 MBPS.)
As much as Telus may be slagging Shaw, Shaw also slagged Telus when I called their retentions department.
A couple of other things I am looking forward to as a Telus customer again:
- Reliable long distance. Within Canada is fine, but overseas calls we average a 20% failure rate on with Shaw. Several calls to their support department haven't given any resolution.
- Call display with name display. Right now anybody who calls my come sup as number only unless they are also a Shaw phone subscriber.
There may only be 2 or 3 home phone options out West, but at least it's good to see they are competing with each other!
"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't."