Telus landline price? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 2006-08-02, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Telus landline price?

I have been trying to find information on the web regarding Telus pricing for service and absolutely none to be found!

So if someone could be so nice to let me know how much it costs for the basic land line, no features....I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 2006-08-02, 09:59 PM

TELUS doesn't have landline prices on their website, to my knowledge.

But here's a thought: http://about.telus.com/contactus/phonenumbers.html
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 2006-08-03, 05:05 PM

According to Shaw's Webpage http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/ProductsSer...SwitchSave.htm
basic phone service is $23.85/mo plus $4.95/mo for long distance fee and $.58 for 911 access fee.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 2006-08-03, 06:04 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine
..... if someone could be so nice to let me know how much it costs for the basic land line, no features.. Thanks
That's exactly what I have with Telus -- landline, with absolutely no 'extras' -- it costs me just shy of $30 per month (the phone service + taxes + 911 charge, etc.)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 2006-08-03, 08:05 PM

if you are in a province where telus is the incumbant provider (a la bc) then their rates are tariffed. so you are looking between 22-30 per month for basic line service dependant on where you live. the best idea is to call them and inquire about your area specifically.

nem, who doesn't work for telus but knows the rules...

The preceding post and all opinions expressed are solely those of the poster and do not reflect the opinions of any other person or business
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 2006-08-03, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp'in'bc
That's exactly what I have with Telus -- landline, with absolutely no 'extras' -- it costs me just shy of $30 per month (the phone service + taxes + 911 charge, etc.)

Great, thanks! I had another person tell me basic line was $38, another freind who works for Telus (cell dept.) thought a landline was around $29.

I will call them and find out. I tried last night but was going to be on hold 25-35 minutes. Hardly worth it. I will try again tonight.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 2006-08-04, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine
I have been trying to find information on the web regarding Telus pricing for service and absolutely none to be found!

So if someone could be so nice to let me know how much it costs for the basic land line, no features....I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Residential Touchtone Line: $27.81
9-1-1 Municipal Call Answer Fee: $0.44
9-1-1 Provincial Network Fee: $0.13
6% GST: $1.70

Total Monthly Service Amount: $30.08 (Alberta)

Samsung LN52B750 | Pioneer VSX-919H-K | Energy TC 5.1's | Samsung BD-4600 | Shaw HD PVR
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 2006-08-04, 09:57 PM

please see my previous post.
this could be simply for the location you are in alberta. the price may vary from city to city due to crtc regulations...

nem, who points to his post up there

The preceding post and all opinions expressed are solely those of the poster and do not reflect the opinions of any other person or business
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 2006-08-05, 03:59 PM

Location: VancouverBC/PV Shaw Sat 600-630 Cable Internet, Telus Landline, Rogers PayGo, Bell Mobility, Netflix
I have the full package with Caller ID, Call Fwd, Voicemail (10/10), Smart Ring (2nd #), Call Waiting, Call Block for $50/mo in West Vancouver.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 2007-09-13, 03:53 AM

Telus Land Line

Greetings from Nanaimo BC! This subject brings up great questions and conversations. I am thinking to subscribe Telus land line at home but I am afraid and let me tell you why.
I have been with Telus mobility since the 90's and they offer the worse customer service you can imagine. Since then and within the last 4 years they have improved but I can't stand the voice in the self serve auto attendant. Having that said I don't know why I am still with Telus mobility
In recent I signed a one year subscription with Telus High Speed lite. Today I regret this because they have the longest waiting time for support. Furthermore in took nearly 12 business days before I was connected. In addition they provided me with the wrong usernamure and password (go figure!). In the past I was with Shaw internet and they are the best!
I need a home line and is telus my best bet? your oprion is appreciated. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in