Join Date: May 2006
Location: North Vancouver
Bad customer experience
In the theoretical world, my switch to add DryLoop DSL should have been relatively painless. Unfortunately, Telus seemed to really bungle it up.
Here's what should have happened:
1) Telus disconnects existing internet and switches it to 2nd (DryLoop) line.
2) Telus technician comes to my place to hook up the 2nd line and internet should be activated.
Here's what happened:
1) Working from home on Aug. 30th and internet goes down at 10am.
2) At 12 noon, I call Customer Service to find out when the tech is coming--I need my internet to connect to the office. They inform me that tech should be there in the afternoon. Not impressed, but I'm hoping it's the earlier part of the afternoon.
3) At 4pm, I call Customer Service again. This time the lady says that she's not sure that the tech will come today. My wife grabs the phone, voices her displeasure (OK, that's an understatement) and asks to speak to a manager. CSR informs her that management can do call backs but 24-48 hrs. My wife informs her that she would like a call back within the hour or we'll call back.
4) At 5:30pm, I call back to see if the tech is coming. CSR looks through everything and says that tech isn't needed, everything should be active by midnight. I don't really believe him but what can you do?
5) At 6pm, the tech calls, says he can't make it today, and says he can come Aug 31 or Sep. 1. I absolutely have to be in the office on 31st so I schedule for the 1st. In the meantime, I ask him to reconnect my internet on the original line. He says he'll look into it, calls back 20 min later and says the internet should be up in 5 min.
6) Because we had friends over for dinner, I didn't bother checking until later that evening. No internet. And now, it seems that our telephone line has been mixed up with someone else's as our line isn't ringing, and we're receiving Voicemail for some other lady. I call my sister and the number that comes up is definitely not ours.
7) On Aug. 31, I call Telus in the morning to inform them of the phone line problem. CSR says they'll run tests but they may need to send someone out, later in the day or on Friday.
8) Get home in the afternoon and find that the line mix up has been fixed but now we have no phone service at all.
9) This morning, someone calls and says that they're making a fix to my line. 5 min later, the phone is back in service. Finally.
10) At noon today, I'm starting to get nervous about whether the tech is going to show so I phone in. I find out that because this is a sales order, they don't re-prioritize me to beginning today. So I'm waiting....
11) Finally at 2:45pm, the tech guy shows. He knows what he's doing, hooks up the 2nd line at the phone room (I live in an apartment), and in my apartment. By 4pm, everything is working again.
Telus was set to charge me $98 for the install, which I would have paid given that I requested the service. However, I'll be calling Customer Service once I see the bill and requesting a credit. It was an incredible comedy of errors, although it wasn't too funny to me.