Telus going paperless bills for home phone service - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2018-08-29, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Telus going paperless bills for home phone service

Has anyone else received an email saying that come September there will no longer be sending paper bills to customers?

Used my email for my mother when there was a postal strike and just received an email stating this concerning her account. Never received one for my own account. Strange.

Thanks for any info. Heard that Telus customer service is terrible and people wait for hours trying to get answers from them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2018-08-29, 11:52 PM
Veteran

is this for residential or business customers? or both? my friend has a telus business phone line but is not located in alberta or british columbia. he's in ontario where they re-sell business lines but he still gets a paper bill, and unfortunately he can not bundle it with his telus mobility residential cellphone line cus you cant bundle business and residential lines atleast not yet.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2018-08-30, 09:57 AM

@royd785 I think the reason you got that email for your mother's account is because the 2 were linked. Did you ever request paperless billing for your own account?

You could try contacting Telus and explaining that the email address they have linked to her account doesn't belong to her and you only did this because of the postal strike.

Parliament passed bill C43 in 2014 to make it illegal for a telco to charge extra for a paper bill. I heard that the Koodo division of Telus is trying to eliminate paper bills and arguing that the law doesn't say that they have to provide paper bills, just that they can't charge extra for them. Maybe Telus is trying to do the same thing for their other services.

I think the solution may be to avoid signing up for their online billing and refuse to provide Telus with an email address and they will forced to send you a paper bill.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2018-08-30, 05:49 PM
Veteran

The executor of the estate or person with power of attorney should be able to add her name to the account or be able to update the name on the account.

I would file a grievance with the CRTC explaining the issue. Maybe the CRTC would like to update their policies to prevent companies from going paperless with people who don't have alternate means of receiving billing information. Rogers did something similar with paperless billing here but they messed it up the so badly we asked them to go back to paper. They did so without question.

Just to spite them, I would let the local newspaper and CBC's marketplace know what is happening. I would consider porting the number to an alternate provider. Is there another telephone option that would work?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2018-09-03, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Told my mother about not getting her paper bill and she was fine with it! Really happy about this. I wouldn't fuss with name change as my father died over 25 years ago. Subject closed as far as I'm concerned.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2018-09-11, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Just an update. I received same email message from Telus for my own account. Telus is definitely getting rid of paper bills.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in