Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

New Actiontec T2200M, can't get in.

28K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  frontier530 
#1 ·
Hi All

I just got this upgrade the other day and can't seem to get into it. It comes already in bridge mode for port 1 of the 10/100 and it works great!

I just can't figure out how to get into it to change the master password and turn off anything I'm not using.

I've tried 192.168.1.254 and because my subnet isn't 192.168.1 I changed one computer to assigned IP so I could make the mask 255.255.0.0

All I get are time out errors.

I have only found the manual for the T2200H not M. The difference seems to be that the H has wireless built in and no giga port.

Has anyone found a way into these yet?

Jeff

#3 ·
Thanks BGY11

I'll set up the submask again today and try the other ports with a scanning utility, maybe I can find the Admin page that way.

I did call Telus yesterday and they told me that everything else is turned off and they don't understand why I would want into the admin page... typical head up your ass response, I don't know why I expected different.

I'd really like to get in and turn off the automatic update flag so that Telus can't flash it without my consent.

Jeff

#4 ·
OK, I give up.

I tried all sorts of different combinations but I can't find an Admin page for this model. I scanned all addresses from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255

I DID find that all four ports are bridged! There is a GigE port and three 10/100 ports labelled 1,2,3. All of these are in bridge mode, I have a dedicated IP, assigned to the MAC address of my Unix server, and all four ports will give my firewall the correct IP.

My conclusion is that this modem is nothing more than four bridged ports with no wireless, no DHCP, no DNS and no Admin page.

It's kind of nice that there isn't a lot of other junk that I don't need running but it's a little disconcerting that I'm locked out.

Jeff

#5 ·
If you connect 2 routers WAN ports to 2 of these bridged ports, do you get 2 separate IP addresses?

Do you have Optik TV?
If yes, are the TV box connected to the other bridged ports?
From the Optik box, you can find out the IP of the Optik box and the gateway box.
Menu --> Setttings --> General Settings --> System Information --> Network

#7 ·
With the T2200M in a default factory configuration, a PC connected to the T2200M via Ethernet and set with an IP address between 10.10.10.2 and 10.10.10.6 inclusive with subnet mask 255.255.255.248, can access the GUI with a web browser pointed towards http://10.10.10.1 . The user must login using the username “Admin” and the password that is printed on the label on the underside of the modem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.