Telus Internet Price Discussions - Page 7 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #91 of 96 (permalink) Old 2016-08-29, 01:26 PM

There is a quicker way to get to the loyalty department by selecting the "cancel" at voice prompt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 (permalink) Old 2016-09-03, 09:57 PM

FYI just did a chat session to confirm website now shows Internet 50 plan @ $80 before bundle discount...rep says rate change was as of Aug 29 my last bill showed $88 before bundle discount. Nice to see pricing go down for a change perhaps their starting to feel the heat from Shaw 150 promo?
post #93 of 96 (permalink) Old 2016-09-10, 07:10 PM

Telus gave me their Internet 100 @ $80, with 3 months at $70. I believe that's post-bundle discount. The website says I can't even get that tier (and I can't get fibre here at all), but they offered it and sure enough, it works fine after installation. Didn't want to jump to Shaw just because I prefer Optik TV for a few reasons.

post #94 of 96 (permalink) Old 2017-10-11, 10:21 PM
Zod

I couldn't get faster speeds, and the retention deals this year weren't quite as good last year.

Last year I negotiated Internet 50/unlimited addon/tv essentials/popular sports bundle for $63/month (Which went up to $67ish when the bundle discount decreased part way through the year).

They offered me 80 this year. I took it. I heard the Shaw modem has issues, and I have a year left on my 3 year contract so I save some money not leaving early.
post #95 of 96 (permalink) Old 2017-10-12, 12:06 PM
Veteran

I've got Telus Internet 150/150 + Unlimited for $70/month, which is a ~$15/mo discount from the standard price. That's a much better deal than what would have been available prior to Shaw becoming much more competitive with their 150mbps Internet offering.
post #96 of 96 (permalink) Old 2019-07-04, 06:59 PM

My two year contract was up recently. I called in and got Internet 300 for $65 a month and $10 a month discount on tv, both for 2 years, plus a $150 bill credit. Not bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in