Rogers Residential Internet Pricing, Packages Discussion - Page 8 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #106 of 155 (permalink) Old 2014-06-24, 02:28 PM
Veteran

The 200g, should be for as long as you continue to have those other services, etc..
But will remove the other discounts as yyzlhr said.

GDKitty
Rogers Ignite Xi6, LG 47LV5400 LED TV, Yamaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 155 (permalink) Old 2014-06-24, 03:43 PM

Ok thanks guys for the clarifications.

I just placed the order with Rogers ( via chat to have a full written record) to upgrade to from Express to Hybrid 60 and will swap out modems at a local store.

Re the additional 200GB, I did not mention it at all, but they told me I would be getting it as an "extra bonus" as I had the other services . I asked twice, for them to confirm it in no way changes effects or removes and of my existing discounts and offers on any of my services. They confirmed no change to discounts/offers, and all I should see on my bill is a net increase of about $6/month. All in writing, with a reference number, so we'll see.

It may end up everything stays in tact billing wise. . but I simply will never see the extra 200GB!

[1]:9865HD;55"LCD;BR [2]:4642HD; 102"; 720p Proj;BR [3]:SA4250HD;39"LED [4]:SA3200 [5]:OTA
post #108 of 155 (permalink) Old 2014-06-24, 04:09 PM

Hmm... good luck with that. The only way the bonus applies is if you have no other discounts or if you pay $15 a month for the extra 200gb.

post #109 of 155 (permalink) Old 2014-06-24, 04:28 PM
Veteran

After you have done the modem swap, and that the plan should be activated.. log into your myrogers.
Your account should show up and Hybrid 60 with techexpert or something similar.. when it has the 200g + techxpert.

You would really have to SEE your first bill, to confirm the discount is still there or not.

I was told initially that since I had a RETENTIONS deal with my TV, that I wouldn't be able to get the 200g... but the person was able to apply it, and it has been fine.
But a retentions deal with the internet.... more likely to get over ridden possibly.

GDKitty
post #110 of 155 (permalink) Old 2014-07-04, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzlhr View Post
Hmm... good luck with that. The only way the bonus applies is if you have no other discounts or if you pay $15 a month for the extra 200gb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdkitty View Post
After you have done the modem swap, and that the plan should be activated.. log into your myrogers.
Your account should show up and Hybrid 60 with techexpert or something similar.. when it has the 200g + techxpert.

You would really have to SEE your first bill, to confirm the discount is still there or not.

I was told initially that since I had a RETENTIONS deal with my TV, that I wouldn't be able to get the 200g... but the person was able to apply it, and it has been fine.
But a retentions deal with the internet.... more likely to get over ridden possibly.
Things must have since changed re the 200GB bonus.

Got my Rogers bill today reflecting my upgrade from Express to Hybrid Fiber 60. and for the first time ever, all is good. For me, it never goes smooth but this time it did.

To my utter and pleasant surprise, my billing aligns with what I was told on the phone (and have in writing via chat), and that is :
- 200GB bonus applied, quote now at 320 GB
- no $15 charge for above
- no change to current offers, discounts promotion or terms
- only monetary increase was the delta charge in modem ($12-$8=$4/mo) in going from my free 3825 rental modem rental to the CGN3.

So this was a successful upgrade to me to go from:
- about 20 Mbps downalod to over 70 Mbps download
- about 2 Mbps upload to over 10 Mbps upload
- 80GB quota to 320 GB
- Cisco 3825 modem to Hitron CGN3 router

To recap the process, I had called it in first, got the transaction number. Then called a Rogers dealer to put a unit on hold for me. Then went to the store to do the swap- they called it in, quoting the transaction number. And done. It never goes that smooth!

[1]:9865HD;55"LCD;BR [2]:4642HD; 102"; 720p Proj;BR [3]:SA4250HD;39"LED [4]:SA3200 [5]:OTA
post #111 of 155 (permalink) Old 2014-07-04, 09:20 PM

That's good to hear. It's almost time for me to make my annual "I'm going to cancel" call. Hopefully They'll be able to throw in that usage bonus in addition to renewing some discounts.
post #112 of 155 (permalink) Old 2014-07-21, 05:58 PM

So I was able to clarify that anyone who has TV, Internet and a 3rd Service (Postpaid wireless, Home Phone or Smart Home Monitoring) can indeed get the 200GB bonus and it does not conflict with retention discounts.

It is only the other bundle bonuses, the free Canadian LD and the free Nextbox 3.0 for 36 months that are not eligible with any other discounts.
post #113 of 155 (permalink) Old 2014-07-25, 12:31 AM

I just set up a work order to renew my Internet and TV and got the 200GB bonus.

I'm upgrading the old 30/5Mbps and 120GB internet package (which I was getting at a 70% discount) to the Hybrid 60 and am also upgrading my NB2 to a NB3 on the TV side. I was told that I would no longer have to pay the $15 rental for the NB2 box so I guess I'll own the NB3 now.

I'm getting a 3 month discount price which is lower than what I'm paying now but will be paying about $20 after that ends. Part of the reason I agreed to it was that it's not a contract so I am more free to move if needed.

Cheers,

jayson
post #114 of 155 (permalink) Old 2014-07-25, 12:30 PM
Veteran

Well, you WILL own the NB3, eventually.

While there are no rental fees, its still on a 'rent to own' likely, where the fee is waived.
After 3 years, assuming you stay for that long, etc, you can pay $1 to own the unit.

GDKitty

Last edited by 57; 2014-07-25 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed
post #115 of 155 (permalink) Old 2014-07-25, 08:24 PM

Well, I guess I spoke too soon!

I got a confirmation email with totally different numbers I was quoted over the phone (even after I had the agent repeat what she was offering at the end of our conversation). Called back again today and was told that I wasn't eligible for the offer she gave me as I'm an existing customer.

Not happy with what I was told, I got transferred to customer relations and eventually was given a similar deal. I won't own the NB3 but will have the the rent to own price waived and got back the 70% discount on my internet that was expiring. Likewise with the additional 200GB offer.

Was also told that as long as I maintain my TV plan the offer would be permanent but I'm not sure what I can believe anymore when it comes to Rogers!

Cheers,

jayson
post #116 of 155 (permalink) Old 2014-07-26, 12:07 AM

The 200GB offer is permanent. It technically requires 3 Rogers products with TV being one of the required product lines. The system will allow you to keep it with just TV and internet, however they could potentially do manual audits down the road and kick people off who don't have three products.

Also regardless of what they promo you get you never own the NB3 from the get go. They will waive the rent to own fees for a predetermined amount of time (max being 36 months), and then once 36 months have elapsed you have the option to own it for one dollar.
post #117 of 155 (permalink) Old 2014-07-26, 12:53 AM

I do have Rogers wireless as well but will still be charged and waived the $15 upgrade fee for the 200GB. As for the NB3, I believe I was told 24 months though I'll again have a charge and waiver.

The thing that still eats at me is that Rogers would have a system that would allow an agent to make an offer that is not valid. It's the second time this has happened when dealing with them but they still seem to allow their sales agents to make deals with clients that can't be kept.

I've worked in a Call Centre before and have had to make arrangements with clients on the phone. The procedures were always to get a system approval (pressing F6 to confirm) before getting off the line with the client. If the agent skipped that step and the system would not validate the arrangement, someone would be calling the client back to apologize and try to rectify the problem.

Anyway, off my soap box now ... at least until I get my next confirmation e-mail!

Cheers,

jayson
post #118 of 155 (permalink) Old 2014-07-28, 09:53 AM
Veteran

Yeah, I think that may be part of the issue.. is that the reps are not fully processing it.

I think their system allows for setting it to process at the end of the day, or on a specific date (your billing cycle usually, etc).. and while it allows them to ENTER the order for it per say.. it doesn't process due to whatever restrictions.

I usually make sure that they do the full processing while I am on the phone.. even if it takes longer, etc.. even wait for me to get the email before it get off, etc some times.

GDKitty
post #119 of 155 (permalink) Old 2014-07-28, 12:03 PM
Veteran

^^^^
I just upgraded my Internet from 60 GB @ 35 Mb down & 2 up to 320 GB @ 60/10 and my bill went from $52.99 to $53.99, effective Aug. 11.

I haven't lost my mind. It's around here...somewhere...
post #120 of 155 (permalink) Old 2014-07-28, 12:48 PM

@JamesK - What number did you call to get the change done? Just the standard toll free number?

I have a discount with Rogers that expires tomorrow. I am going to call them to see what sort of discount/offers they've got for me.

I have Rogers internet as well as 2 home phone lines with them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in