Hmm... good luck with that. The only way the bonus applies is if you have no other discounts or if you pay $15 a month for the extra 200gb.
After you have done the modem swap, and that the plan should be activated.. log into your myrogers.
Your account should show up and Hybrid 60 with techexpert or something similar.. when it has the 200g + techxpert.
You would really have to SEE your first bill, to confirm the discount is still there or not.
I was told initially that since I had a RETENTIONS deal with my TV, that I wouldn't be able to get the 200g... but the person was able to apply it, and it has been fine.
But a retentions deal with the internet.... more likely to get over ridden possibly.
Things must have since changed re the 200GB bonus.
Got my Rogers bill today reflecting my upgrade from Express to Hybrid Fiber 60. and for the first time ever, all is good. For me, it never goes smooth but this time it did.
To my utter and pleasant surprise, my billing aligns with what I was told on the phone (and have in writing via chat), and that is :
- 200GB bonus applied, quote now at 320 GB
- no $15 charge for above
- no change to current offers, discounts promotion or terms
- only monetary increase was the delta charge in modem ($12-$8=$4/mo) in going from my free 3825 rental modem rental to the CGN3.
So this was a successful upgrade to me to go from:
- about 20 Mbps downalod to over 70 Mbps download
- about 2 Mbps upload to over 10 Mbps upload
- 80GB quota to 320 GB
- Cisco 3825 modem to Hitron CGN3 router
To recap the process, I had called it in first, got the transaction number. Then called a Rogers dealer to put a unit on hold for me. Then went to the store to do the swap- they called it in, quoting the transaction number. And done. It never goes that smooth!