I am currently on a 80GB Express plan with a Cisco 3825 modem, bridge mode, on a 2 year free rental. with my own DCHP gigabit router/switches for wired devices and a few older AP throughout the house for wi-fi.
My monthly internet rate is $56.49, less a 2 yr 15% discount $8.47 for a net of $48.02 plus tax = $54.26.
All is well EXCEPT that :
- I would like to up my download limits ( kids back home)
- I wouldn't mind a faster service (now at 30 Mbps on rogers test)
When I check my account on line, there is a link to Change Package which takes me to the package plans
where I see the Hybrid Fibre 60 plan ( 120GB/ 60 Mpbs available in my area)
at a rate if $69.99/mo
. The fine print says :
- Advanced Wi-Fi Modem rental included
- Taxes, a $14.95 one-time activation fee, and a one-time installation fee (Self $9.99; Basic $49.99; or Professional $99.99) apply.
1) MODEM INCLUDED?
When I enquired last time about the Advanced Wi-Fi Modem (I assume this is the Hitron CGN3), it was $5 more per month ($12 vs the $7 now charged/credited on my bill) . But if the new modem is truly included, that's fine and I would no longer be on the two year free rental plan. Is it really included?
? If I go on the 69.99/mo plan, do I retain my current discounts?? My monthly internet rate is $56.49, less a 2 yr discount $8.47 (15%) for a net of $48.02 plus tax = $54.26
. I assume my new rate would be $69.99 less $10.50 (15%) plus tax = $67.22.
3) HOW DO I MAKE IT HAPPEN?
- is the cleanest was just to call it in, make the changes to my account and have them send a tech with a new modem? .... or can I walk into to a local Rogers authorised dealer
with my Cisco 3825 and have them make the account changes and modem swap there?
4) ADDITONAL 200 GB??
- I have TV & home phone with rogers as well with discounts, so I may qualify for the 200gb extra usage but does that mess up other discounts?? And how long is the extra 200 gb for -- every month for the next 24 months?? But can this only be arranged by calling in or can a store do it?