Rogers Residential Internet Pricing, Packages Discussion - Page 11 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #151 of 153 (permalink) Old 2019-05-10, 10:07 AM
PFD

Hey guys, bit of help before I negotiate the world of Rogers.
So last year I upgrade my Internet plan from an old grandfathered 80 Gig a month plan that I was over paying for, and the decent tech I chatted with sold me on year long promo that was called Rogers Ignite 60 Unlimited.
It's $85.99 but I get a $31discount. However they charge me $8 for Enhanced Home Rental modem rental for a total of $62.99

Now, as I'm almost to the end of my promotion term, I go online to see what promos I can get. I see that the Ignite 60 Unlimited is no longer available.
They have several unlimited plans, the lowest of which is almost cheaper than what I'm currently paying Ignite 75u $69.99 and includes modem rental.
I don't really know what those numbers mean (I think it's download speeds); but what I'm asking is is the Ignite 75 comparaable to the Ignite 60 Unlimited plan? Is the full Ignite 60 plan ($85.99) over priced?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 153 (permalink) Old 2019-05-10, 10:39 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFD View Post
I don't really know what those numbers mean (I think it's download speeds); but what I'm asking is is the Ignite 75 comparaable to the Ignite 60 Unlimited plan? Is the full Ignite 60 plan ($85.99) over priced?
Ignite 75 is 75 mbps download and 10 mbps upload, unlimited, so it's a bit better than your 60.

I've recently switched to the Ignite 75 plan and get 95-100 mbps down and 10 up consistently. I was previously on a very old 30/5 with 125 GB cap plan. Internet prices have been dropping if you stay at roughly the same download speeds.
PFD likes this.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #153 of 153 (permalink) Old 2019-05-10, 03:24 PM

Same as 57, I am now on Ignite 75, but I get 95-100 mbps on a regular basis. I downgraded from Ignite 150 (to save money on a bundle with TV), and honestly 75 mbps is good enough, provided you don't have too many users at the same time. As for the price, with Rogers you never know. Different people get very different prices all the time. You will typically get a better Internet price when it's bundled up with cable TV. For Internet only, I'd check other providers and compare their prices. That may give you a somewhat better negotiation position.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in