Got it working......I guess I was changing cables on the back from one 3400 to the other and did something wrong. I thought the component cables and the toslink audio cables were plugged in correctly to the Hauppauge input on the back of the unit. I rechecked 10 times. It turns out the Toslink was in the output......this results in no audio (obviously), and no video either. Now I had realized this was a possibility........so I had checked it over and over........and used different cables too! I guess I was trying to do most of these tests at 2 or 3 in the am last night........and I remember thinking that I am kind of tired for doing stuff like this !!!
Thank GOD's (BSG) this was really upsetting me to lose this capability.