Home Hub 3000 Modem - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 2016-08-07, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Home Hub 3000 Modem

Bell announced details of their new modem as part of their Q2 conference call:
Quote:
• Best available wireless speed and coverage with 3x the Wi-Fi power and 2x more antennas than current modem
• Both FTTN and FTTH compatible
• Reduces number of stand-alone devices in a FTTH home from 5 to 1
• 30-minute decrease in installation times for new Fibe FTTH installs
• Throughput capability beyond 1 Gbps
• Fibre jack installation paves way for customer self-install
• Unique Internet back-up in event of power outage with optional battery ONT
Launching in August
According to the diagram on page 8 of the PDF, the Home Hub 3000 is equivalent to a Home Hub 2000, UPS, Battery, ONT and VAP.
Source: http://www.bce.ca/investors/financia...esentation.pdf

The picture makes it look like the fibre jack is a module that plugs into the modem. I'm not sure if the VDSL jack for FTTN is also a module and they just preconfigure the modem for the type of connection they will need.

"Throughput capability beyond 1 Gbps" probably means that each port is 1 Gbps, but that the modem is capable of providing more than 1 Gbps total throughput if you have multiple devices active (once Bell offers a plan faster than 1 Gbps.)
Macman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 2016-08-11, 01:39 PM
Rookie

Who manufactures this gateway?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 2016-08-11, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

I don't have any info on the manufacturer. That may have to wait until someone gets one installed and can take a look at it.

post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 2016-08-18, 03:22 PM

I was told by the Bell person on the phone today that they have had no training on it and it is likely a couple months away from being available. Even though the doc said August. He said if it holds current pricing model it will be like $300.

XBR75X850E, STRDN1080, Klipsch R820F, Klipsch R52C, Polk RC60i, BIC America F12 Sub, Pany BD35, Shield TV, Ignite TV.
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 2016-08-19, 12:01 AM
Rookie

The home hub 3000 is being released On the 21'st to new installs made. I'm a door To door rep and it's pretty damn awesome what we've done.
post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 2016-08-19, 07:31 AM

i'm having a new install done today and I asked about the 3000....they said they can't give it to me.....if it is being released on the 21st, then why are they giving me the 2000 now?....its a matter of 2 days!.....already not happy....I hate getting antiquated equipment when something much better is available.

XBR75X850E, STRDN1080, Klipsch R820F, Klipsch R52C, Polk RC60i, BIC America F12 Sub, Pany BD35, Shield TV, Ignite TV.
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 2016-08-22, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Bell added the link over the weekend, so the HH3000 should be available. I notice that they have 2x 5GHz, so I wouldn't be surprised if 1 band will be reserved for Fibe TV wireless PVRs and STBs.

Home Hub 3000: The most powerful Wi-Fi for your home | Bell

2x 5 GHz + 2.4 GHz
802.11ac
12 antennas

Take advantage of the battery back-up giving you Internet and Home phone usage for over 4 hours, during power outages. Another industry first by Bell.

1. You can recover your password at the simple push of a button.
2. Set up guest Wi-Fi to share your Internet with visitors without sharing your whole network.
3. Use your phone or tablet to manage who can access the Internet and when.
4. Easily share your music, pictures and movies with other compatible devices by connecting an external hard drive or USB key. (Notably computer devices with a Mac, Windows 7 or Windows XP operating system.) (supports USB 3.0)

Already a Bell Internet customer? Switch to the Home Hub 3000 for only $7.00/mo. or $199.95.

Additional details from the comparison chart: the HH3000 is included with Fibe TV. It looks like you get the HH2000 if you have internet-only, at least until the HH2000 inventory is used up. Depending on your negotiating skills, you will probably have to pay to upgrade to the HH3000 for existing or new installs if you don't have Fibe TV.
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 2016-08-23, 02:18 PM

So I had the whole setup done on Friday. A couple of things:

- They would not give me the HH3000 as it was not released yet, but was released 2 days later.
- The rep who took my order told me I would be able to have more than 1 TV on 4K, that is not the case. I now have a brand new Sony in the living room that cannot broadcast 4K.
- When I call them back on Monday, I told them the situation, but they said they had no info yet on whether or not the new HH3000 would be able to broadcast 4K to the wireless receivers. they would put a note in my file to allow me to switch when this was available.

Any insight on how Bell will handle delivering 4K to multiple 4K TV's in one House/Location?

post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 2016-08-23, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

I think there may have been a passing mention of a 4K Set-top box (non-PVR) coming in the future in the Fibe TV 4K thread. For technical reasons, you can only have one PVR per account. Unless you are on Fibre to the Home (FTTH), you probably won't have the bandwidth to support two different 4K channels simultaneously.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2016-08-23 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Clarification: added "coming in the future"
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 2016-08-23, 06:46 PM

I understand that they may not have that ability now, but you would think they better figure it out....that would be like not being able to have more than 1 HDTV.....it seems kind of ridiculous....When HD came out, I could have as many as I wanted on Satellite, as long as I had the box and cable....I understand with IPTV there are limitations....Does Rogers have this issue?....I know they don't have a 4K PVR....but can you get more than 1 4K STB on one account/line?....what Bell has told me is that it is coming...I hope that's true and not more lies to keep me as a customer.....

post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old 2016-08-24, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

If you want to discuss the details of 4K TV, you should use this thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/188-...iscussion.html

There is a limitation on how much data you can transmit on a copper telephone line. That's why Bell is spending a billion dollars to rewire the city of Toronto with Fibre-to-the-Home for full 4K TV and Gigabit internet. 4K TV uses a lot more data than HD, which is why it may be an issue on copper lines. I can't say for sure if Bell will be able to handle more than 1 4K channel on a copper line, it will depend on your individual line speed. AFAIK Rogers can handle more than 1 4K STB, just no PVR.
post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old 2016-08-25, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELevator View Post
Who manufactures this gateway?
It is a SAGEMCOM 5566. Here is the FCC info, including external and internal photos:

https://fccid.io/VW3FAST5566
Deanoyyz likes this.
post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old 2016-08-25, 03:21 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dave View Post
It is a SAGEMCOM 5566. Here is the FCC info, including external and internal photos:

https://fccid.io/VW3FAST5566
Thanks Dr Dave!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old 2016-08-26, 12:05 PM
Rookie

Home Hub 3000 pair bonding?

I currently have FTTN Fibe 50 pair bonded service. I am being told that the HH 3000 does not support pair bonding; and if I want this modem I need to downgrade to Fibe 25 (single pair).

Any plans for the HH 3000 to support pair bonding in the future? Apparently my street is not included in the current gigagbit buildout; no ETA (burried underground service)
post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old 2016-08-29, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Canada's most powerful home Wi-Fi and the world's first fully wireless 4K IPTV service - now available only from Bell Fibe

Bell today announced the availability of the new Home Hub 3000, offering the most powerful home Wi-Fi service in Canada, and the world's first fully wireless IPTV service with the Wireless 4K Whole Home PVR from Fibe TV.

Home Hub 3000
With 12 antennas, total throughput capability of up to 1 Gigabit, automatic channel switching for reduced interference, and tri-band technology supporting multiple connected devices including smartphones, tablets and game consoles, the Home Hub 3000 modem/router offers broad and reliable coverage throughout the home. It's 3 times more powerful than the previous Home Hub 2000, and offers an easy-to-use web interface to manage Wi-Fi access and settings, and battery back-up that enables customers to use Fibe Internet during a power outage for up to 4 hours.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in