Did MTS just increase their speeds or is this an anomaly? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-03-30, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Did MTS just increase their speeds or is this an anomaly?

I'm in south Winnipeg (Fort Garry) and have MTS TV + DSL on the same line using the RG2200 gateway. When I signed up I told them I wanted the lightning max package (up to 7,000 kbps) but they told me I'd need another phone line for this. I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and went with the "up to 5,000 kbps" package. For the last year I've usually been getting around 4,000 kbps (a little slower than the comparable package from Shaw, but nothing to complain about).

However, over the past few days I ran a few tests and consistently got this:

7,000 kbps+ - pretty big increase! I didn't get any notices that this would be happening, definitely not complaining though... anyone else on MTS notice this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-04-01, 11:57 AM

They probably just upgraded your phone line or their CO equipment. Enjoy!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-04-01, 12:03 PM

That's pretty good if you're getting the extra speed for no extra cost..... My 5000 kbp/s (Lightning plan) still gives me a bit under 5000 kbp/s. No speed surge here...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-04-13, 12:41 PM

no mts did not increase speed as far as i am aware of. my speeds are still the same. they must have just upgraded your line. thanks
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-04-16, 11:44 AM
Rookie

I noticed my connection increased in the last few days. My max was about 600Kb/s, now I can reach about 720Kb/s. I'm in Transcona.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-05-27, 08:38 PM
Rookie

Arrow

Some areas have a 7Mbps sync rate, this depends on various factors from geographical location, loop conditions and service platform in use. Needless to say, if you're pulling faster speeds enjoy them, if you're not the official sync rate is up to 5Mbps for Lightning customers in the Winnipeg market until advertised otherwise. Hope this answers your question

Tags
mts internet , mts internet speed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in