Got a call yesterday evening from MTS. I left MTS TV about 10 months ago because of their lack of HD (they have 8 channels, but 5 of them are time shifted two hours later than local time). Here's what they offered to get me back:
- free installation, including up to 3 new TV outlets and one free phone jack if necessary
- 2 months free TV, all channels
- 6 months after that, $24.99 for Basic + 9 theme groups
- 3 Video-on-Demand credits (worth $5 each, I think)
- I'd also get the bundle discount for TV + Internet, $10 off (except for the 6 months at $24.99)
But when I asked about HD, he said I'd have to pay for the HD box ($349), but they would waive the installation fee ($99).
When I asked about new HD channels, he hesitated and then said that "several" channels were on the way, including East timeshifted feeds of the US networks. When I asked for a timeframe, he said "months". They are looking at 12-16 HD channels by the end of 2008, he said.
So there ya go. Not enough to make me switch at all, but someone else could be tempted.