how is MTS tv - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 2007-05-30, 11:00 AM

Not on topic, but here's how Shaw was rude to me (and I'm not even a customer!):

I live in a 3-unit condo building. I had MTS TV. The second floor tenants ordered Shaw Digital, and needed new cables run to their unit. Shaw came around, and proceeded to cut all of my coax (in some instances, in two or three different places!) that ran my MTS TV to my other two sets. When I got home, the Shaw van was just leaving the premises. When I came in to my condo and turned on the TV and was greeted with snow, I immediately called Shaw because I put two-and-two together. Here's how the conversation went, after I explained that the techs cut my lines:

Shaw CSR: "Can I have you Shaw customer number please?"
Me: "I'm not a Shaw customer. They cut my MTS lines."
CSR: "They wouldn't cut a phone line."
Me: "They cut my coax line that is part of my MTS system."
CSR: "You know MTS comes through the phone line, right?"
Me: "I'm not an idiot. It runs through coax to my other TVs."
CSR: "Well, I'm pretty sure it runs through phone lines, and that Shaw techs would never cut phone lines."
Me: "They didn't cut a phone line. They cut the coax line, and they need to come back and fix it now."
CSR: "We don't repair phone lines...
ME: "THEY AREN'T PHONE LINES!"
CSR: "... or do repairs for non-Shaw customers."
Me: "Okay, can you hold until I call the police and report the vandalism to my coax lines then? "

They were back in 20 minutes to replace what they had cut.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 2007-05-30, 01:37 PM

I hate when people ignore what I say too. At least they fixed it promptly though (not defending them, just sayin')

Sharp 46" Aquos 1080p (LC46D62U). Shaw Motorola 6416 III PVR. Pioneer HTP-2800 Surround Sound. PS3 & Wii.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 2007-05-31, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Shaw was rude to me by hanging up on me and talking in a rude tone. All of my mts services are working great now. The tech was there for four hours. he was very professional and friendly. Im amazed at how mts tv operates. I was shocked at how well the mts phone quality was. I also got a router from mts as well because Im sick of shaw saying "we dont support routers". So right now off to a great start. I hope it stays that way. thankyou for all of your opinions.

Currently with MTS(All services TV,Internet, Home phone and Cell phone)

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 2007-06-01, 02:38 PM

MTS phone quality = what phone quality should be.

MTS does limited support even on routers they themselves don't sell. That's why you gotta love their service!
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 2007-06-01, 04:14 PM

Well I had the exact opposite experience with mts. Very rude and they refused to negotiate a better phone deal with me. I canceled my 3 MTS cell phones and switched to Rodgers, canceled my phone service with MTS and am a Shaw phone customer. Of course now that I am no longer with them they are willing to talk ,to late , good bye MTS with your S L O W internet and expensive phone service.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper."Ben Franklin
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 2007-06-01, 05:01 PM

Slow internet? Seriously? I get 5 mbit, no caps. Hella fast.
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 2007-06-02, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

mine internet is fast aswell

Hi, My internet speeds have been 2 mbs which is better than shaw's. I have tested this connection at all times of day and get the same speed all the time. Which is better than Shaw. With Shaw the maximum I could get was 6 mbs but that was late at night. In the daytime with shaw I got below 1 mb. Sorry if I am going off topic Im just reporting my mts and shaw experince. thanks

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 2007-09-07, 08:30 PM
Veteran

Location: Downtown Toronto • Toshiba 52XL177 • HD DVD Toshiba • Rogers HDPVR Cisco 8642
Does MTS TV have retail outlets? I've seen stuff about Telus TV in Telus stores; Shaw has kiosks in some malls; Bell, Aliant and Rogers have a retail network selling cable and wireless stuff. It would be nice to visit one some day in play with the service at one of their stores (if they have them).
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 2007-09-07, 10:51 PM

You'll have to visit Winnipeg since that's where MTS TV is offered. Check out mts.ca - there are about 20 locations for MTS TV including the major shopping malls.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 2007-09-08, 12:30 AM
Veteran

Location: Downtown Toronto • Toshiba 52XL177 • HD DVD Toshiba • Rogers HDPVR Cisco 8642
Thanks. I will do just that in the coming weeks as business is likely to take me there. Any particular store which provides a good live demonstration? I ask because here in Toronto Bell doesn't demo VDSL (TV for Condos) anywhere. In Vancouver, I had no problem finding a Telus store willing to let me play with Telus TV.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 2007-09-08, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

I believe Kildonan Place mall has a tv hooked up so you can view mts tv. I cant really remember as I was their in August to get information on how to use call answer on the telephone. when you come here in winnipeg you should phone kildonan place mts number and ask them. thanks

Last edited by gordon1111; 2007-09-08 at 08:54 AM. Reason: grammer
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 2007-09-09, 01:14 AM
Veteran

Thanks for the tip, Gordon!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in