MTS - No NHL Centre Ice - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 2007-01-31, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Angry MTS - No NHL Centre Ice

Lets start a discussion on this!

Here is my responce from The Center Ice feedback web page..........So it looks like MTS is Too cheap after all.

Jayson,

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately MTS will not except our offer for the Centre Ice package. We recommend you continue to call you cable provider and requesting the Centre Ice package.

Thanks,
NHL Center Ice******************
http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/centerice/index.html

here is what I asked:

01/28/2007 11:05 AM

To:
cc:
Subject: Form submission from NHL Feedback

A form (form NHL Feedback) has been submitted that is to have the results sent to you. The submitted information is enclosed below.

firstname: Jayson

lastname: Mclean

email:

recipient_feedback:

comment: Why can't i get Center ice on MTS digital cabel in canada. _Based in Winnipeg_ Do they not want to pay enough_ or have they even asked_
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 2007-01-31, 01:12 PM

NHL Center Ice customer reps still have very poor spelling. Makes you wonder...

I'd say if you are that desperate for Center Ice, you should head over to Bell XpressVu...
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 2007-01-31, 01:15 PM

NHLCI is available only on Bell in Winnipeg.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 2007-01-31, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Bell is too expensive right now.......i get almost all the theme packs with mts (the good ones anyway) for half the price I pay $50 with mts and the bell package would cost me $102. Also setting up a satalite still feels like its for the "upper class" for me, i know its not, but i have to keep asking myself.....do i really need it? Probably not, like i said i get everything from MTS including great service. I will decide about bell next Hockey season....then i will make an impulse decision if they don't pick up NHLCI.

Jay
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 2007-01-31, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Sorry MTS would be $55 dollars if i got the HD package......still a deal
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 2007-01-31, 01:37 PM
Member #1

Quote:
I'd say if you are that desperate for Center Ice, you should head over to Bell XpressVu...
Exactly.

It's kind of funny that you complain MTS is "too cheap" and yet you say you won't goto ExpressVu because you don't want to spend more money to get what you want. Exactly who is the cheap one here?

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 2007-01-31, 01:44 PM

$102 gets you everything with Bell including an HDPVR, on MTS it would be $90 plus the $5 for HD plust the $450 for the HD box and install.

$61 on Bell gets you 5 themes, (the same as 10 or more on MTS) and 41+ Hd channels and access to NHLCI.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 2007-01-31, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

easy hugh....maybe you misunderstood me. Right now i am loyal to MTS, but they seem to be missing the boat in several areas like HD AND NHLCI or NFL sunday ticket. These are some of the issues that make or break peoples decisions (and it will ultimatly make or break mine) All I am saying is that having NEVER had a Satalite system I was brought up to believe that they are for rich people......So i guess i see it as being a lot of trouble to get the service compared to MTS wich is just plug and play. Also on a side note, EVERYONE i know on BELL cheats and connects 4 recievers on one account so i think i am right when i say they are too expensive. I would not do that if i got there service as i would want full uninterupted support from the company without worring.

Jay
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 2007-01-31, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Bell is curenty $71 for the HD package and 5 theme packs. this is the latest offer from the web page.... AND you don't get the Movie stations which is another $17 SO make that $88. I have done my research
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 2007-01-31, 02:32 PM

MTS is a great service, if you don't want/need HDTV service. They are "working on it", but really they've dropped the ball.

To get back on topic, Bell is the only option for NHLCI in Winnipeg, and I suspect it will be like this for some time to come. Consumers either have to choose to not have NHLCI, or pay the extra $$$ to switch to a service with it. Plain and simple. You can't fault MTS for not carrying a specialty service like NHLCI, really. Now, HD service...

Last edited by hugh; 2007-01-31 at 03:12 PM.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 2007-01-31, 04:06 PM

jjhmclean then you haven't done your research correctly then.

Basic plus 5 themes is $51, Hd is another $10. Movies are $16 if you already have 5 or more themes (which is the exact same price as MTS but with Bell they give you 2 HD movie channels). Hardware costs, MTS $349 plus $99 for install, Bell basic HD box $249 and a $149 credit and free install.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 2007-01-31, 04:17 PM

I believe he was looking at the All-In-One packages on Bell, which are $71 with equipment included. The equivalent on MTS would be $47. (Basic + 6 packages + HD). The other thing to remember is that if you have high speed internet and cell phone with MTS, you are also saving $15 a month there too.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 2007-01-31, 04:22 PM

6 packages on MTS are not the same as 6 packages on Bell, each MTS package has half or even less than half the channels as Bell's package.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 2007-01-31, 06:13 PM

Quote:
6 packages on MTS are not the same as 6 packages on Bell, each MTS package has half or even less than half the channels as Bell's package.
Let's talk number of channels then, or even dollars per channel?
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 2007-01-31, 06:26 PM

Sure, just to get the same channels as Bell's two sports packs you need to buy 4 sports packs from MTS. Bell gives 85 video channels and 45 audio channels for $31 in their base package, MTS 26 channels for $30 in their base.

If your a hockey fan Bell has NHLCI, but they also have NHLCI HD channels along with TSNHD and the NBCHD channel from the east, all giving you HD hockey you will not get on MTS.

Last edited by davethehelper; 2007-01-31 at 06:32 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in