Pioneer DVR-533H and MTS tv with Next Level receiver - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2005-08-17, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Pioneer DVR-533H and MTS tv with Next Level receiver

Hi guys, one of my friends has MTS tv and just bought a Pioneer DVR-533H. He is trying to set it up so the DVR unit can talk to the MTS digital box which is a Next Level receiver. I went over to help him out but we weren't able to get the DVR to talk to the MTS box successfully. The Pioneer DVR has something called a g-link cable which ends in an infrared wand of some sort which it uses to talk to the receiver. Despite selecting Next Level from the receiver model selection screen in the DVR it still couldn't communicate. Has anyone else had any success in controlling the Next Level receiver provided by MTS from a DVR box? If you have any suggestions for me please let me know. Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Cheers, RP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2005-08-17, 08:08 PM
Veteran

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Next Level was bought by Motorola. Perhaps a Motorola code would work?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2005-08-18, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Hi there, thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a try and see how it works.

-Cheers, RP

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2006-01-18, 11:56 PM

I have the same prblem except MTS gave me a Motorola box. If you or anyone else has figured it out I'd be very happy if you would pass on the solution.

Thanks,

C.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2006-01-23, 12:22 AM

Whoops, the Motorola box is Next Step so we have the same setup. Has anyone resolved this problem? I can't get TV Guide set up on my Pioneer DVD recorder.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2006-05-25, 02:25 AM

MTStv gets their TV guide programming from GEMSTAR for their Next Level and Motorola set top boxes...

therefore every DVR in the market is not able to pick up the TV guide from the MTStv set top box but needs to get it directly from GEMSTAR instead...

GEMSTAR TV Guide On Screen

get in contact with GEMSTAR and/or your DVR manufacturer and they should be able to assist you with activating the TV guide on your DVR...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 2006-05-25, 11:24 AM

I bought a Toshiba DR4S and can't get it to communicate either. I'm hoping the new HD boxes will work with it.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 2006-05-25, 01:52 PM

you still need to get in contact with GEMSTAR and/or your DVR manufacturer to activate the TV guide on your DVR...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in