When will the forum be merged and renamed to Bell MTS? I - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2017-02-28, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

When will the forum be merged and renamed to Bell MTS? I

Bell MTS is official now. So it should be a sub forum of Bell Canada just like how Bell Alient is, no? I would think so.the question is When will the. Administration make the change? They still have not even renamed wind to freedom yet and merged it into Shaw so my guess is it could be a while, no?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 2017-02-28, 08:32 PM

We won't make any changes until MTS does. I'm not sure if we will keep it as a separate forum or merge it into the Bell structure.
Quote:
Bell has now obtained all regulatory approvals required to complete the transaction and launch Bell MTS on March 17, 2017.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 2017-02-28, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Nice. I think merging it will be a great idea.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2017-03-01, 07:30 PM

On a related question will Xplornet be getting its own Wireless forum once they start getting their share of Cell customers from MTS?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2017-03-01, 08:09 PM

We use the Internet, Landline and Wireless Phone forum to discuss providers where there isn't enough activity to justify a separate forum. That is where the other Xplornet discussions go.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2017-03-17, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

So Today is the day, MTS is officially renamed BellMTS, the MTS part is now in the Bell font too, and not the existing mts font, kind of like how BellAliant has it. Very interesting. So when are we going to see a new MTS logo on here, uhh I mean BellMTS logo
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2017-03-17, 06:18 PM

I would not hold my breath....things move veeerrrrryyyy slowly here on DH.

The Wind mobile forum has not been renamed and it has formally been Freedom Mobile since November.

For that matter, Shaw bought Wind a little over a year ago now, and it has not been merged under the Shaw thread either.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2017-03-17, 06:57 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Actually, most things happen very fast around here. We discuss them in the background and a decision is make very quickly about the vast majority of things.

What keeps the forum headings from being changed is how the search engines work and what impact those would have on the forum. I didn't realize this myself until this topic came up a year or two ago.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2017-03-18, 02:51 PM
Veteran

Good point. Just google some events and try to follow links to newspaper/magazine articles. A lot have not woken up to the fact that they should use unique web addresses for all their articles so links don't get broken. Still paper based, narrow thinking on their part. Keeping search results is good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in