MTS Mobility - Useless Customer Service - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2016-08-24, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down MTS Mobility - Useless Customer Service

Been a MTS mobility customer since 1992 with the same number. Added my wife as a customer in 2000, so we have two phones/plans.

Haven't had any promos or discounts outside of the bundle with Lightening 25.

Was at the local mall on the weekend and stopped to look at the Note 7 that was on display, MTS had none but did have the $549 price on a two year contract, so went to Bell & Rogers.

Bell offered the following: $549 for Note 7 on two year plan, $200 Samsung "trade up" plus a $70 trade for our Note 4, $100 off for new Bell customer, $100 off for moving from MTS. Bottom line was $79 with Note 4 trade or $149 without.

Rogers was identical to the penny.

Plans were pretty close and it got better with the shared offer BUT did not have unlimited data, though they have a promo on 2 GB data giving an additional 3 GB for the contract for a total of 5 GB a month. That is more than 5x what we currently use per month. Plan pricing was under $5 more for Bell or Rogers per month working out to $120 more over 24 months.

Went home, got on the CHAT function from MY ACCOUNT and the bottom line was MTS wasn't interested in any loyalty discount offer. The rep said they don't match other dealers. I pointed out the $200 was a Samsung offer for instant discount to any purchaser through the vendor. The CSR said they didn't care they don't match anyone. And that there would be ZERO discount on any Note 7 purchase until a replacement came out. There is the Samsung $200 offer on the Galaxy S7 from MTS but not any other of the "7" series.

I then called MTS and got the same spiel yesterday.

Anyone have any luck on the Note 7? Bell is bad to deal with (ExpressVu customer since late 80's), but seeing as MTS is effectively a new part of Bell over the next six months...it is not the worse choice.

Bottom line it is ~$300 less per phone over 24 months cheaper at Rogers or Bell than MTS.

Thoughts? Comments? Gotchas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2016-08-24, 10:31 AM
Veteran

So not getting a discount in which your are not entitled to is useless customer service?

Why don't you just go to Rogers?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2016-08-24, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

MTS has decided to do whatever they have decided to do with the $200 and not pass on the savings...but if you read the original post you would have know that.

The discount/promo is a Samsung one that is available at any participating vendor.

You save a minimum of $200 off on the purchase of a Samsung Galaxy Note7, Galaxy S7 and S7 edge when you trade in any mobile device. Offer is open to Canadian residents. Limit of one (1) instant rebate per traded-in product. Offer is available on outright purchases, new activations and contract renewals of either a Samsung Galaxy Note7 in Black Onyx, Blue Coral and Silver Titanium, a Samsung Galaxy S7 in Black Onyx and Titanium Silver or a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in Black Onyx only. Offer is valid from July 1, 2016 to September 30, 2016. To receive the instant rebate of a minimum of $200 off on the purchase of a Samsung Galaxy Note7, Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge, the customer must bring an old mobile device purchased in Canada, any brand and any model (the old mobile device must be verifiable in accordance with its serial number), to a participating carrier or a Samsung Experience Store location during the offer period. Valid at participating carriers and Samsung Experience Store locations only. While quantities last. No rain checks. Any trade-ins made after September 30, 2016, will not be eligible for the instant rebate. Offer will not be retroactively applied to any pre-orders. All offers are subject to change or cancellation by Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. ("Samsung") without notice. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise specifically agreed to by Samsung in writing. The instant rebate is eligible for one traded-in mobile device and must be applied towards the purchase of one Samsung Galaxy S7; i.e., two or more traded-in mobile devices cannot be combined towards a higher instant rebate on the purchase of a Samsung Galaxy S7. The $200 off will be combined with the value of the traded-in mobile device offered by Samsung, if any. No cash value.

Samsung CA - Home Electronics l Home Appliances l Mobile l Computing

I contacted Samsung BEFORE talking to MTS and this offer does not require vendor contribution. Samsung offers the promo on all S7 series phones through their participating vendors.

Samsung's suggestion was to check out all authorized vendors, which I did and now am considering which of the other vendors make the best plan to fit my requirements.

I had asked for comments, thoughts and gotchas...but that was also in my original post and you would have know that. I should have asked for helpful comments etc...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2016-08-24, 03:27 PM
Veteran

I read your post and I saw all that you posted.

As stated in your previous post. Participating vendors. That means not all vendors are participating in the promotion.

You did not answer my question. Why didn't you go to Rogers when they refused to do the discount.

Last edited by DSgamby; 2016-08-24 at 04:32 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in