Bell to buy MTS for $3.9 billion (approved) - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 138 (permalink) Old 2016-05-31, 02:10 PM

For cell phone customers of MTS, does anyone have an idea how the sell-off of contracts to Telus will be handled? I certainly don't want to be one of them, but will I have a choice?

Dave S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 138 (permalink) Old 2016-05-31, 02:32 PM

Same Thing with you Dave. I am not happy that they haven't discussed what customers will switch like what criteria they are looking for. I do not want to become a Telus customer. I would be more then happy to continue to be a Bell MTS mobility customer. For me i have had this account since 2010 so it means something to me to continue to be loyal to them. We will see though. Gordon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently with MTS(All services TV,Internet, Home phone and Cell phone)
post #63 of 138 (permalink) Old 2016-06-01, 01:07 AM

I would be more happy if I was sold off to Wind instead lol

post #64 of 138 (permalink) Old 2016-06-01, 01:22 AM

Bell to buy MTS for $3.9 billion

I think I would be too, better then Telus. The only problem is Wind sold the spectrum they had in Manitoba to MTS this past July. So if there is a condition they have to give the spectrum back to Wind it could take them still probably over 2 years to get cell service to Winnipeg.

From my understanding Wind originally wanted to be in Manitoba but likely because of 4 wireless carriers it was likely too much capital to spend with not enough demand. But since Shaw acquired Wind I can see them bringing it here as Winnipeg is a very important market to Shaw.

Would be cool if Shaw and Rogers could have a network sharing agreement like Rogers/MTS do.

post #65 of 138 (permalink) Old 2016-06-06, 05:44 PM

Bell MTS

So how long before this forum gets moved to the Bell forums? I think the deal is only a formality now anyway.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2016-06-06 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Moved to existing thread
post #66 of 138 (permalink) Old 2016-06-06, 05:46 PM

I too hope I don't get sold to Telus and want to know how they will be doing that. I don't think it should be a secret and that the Competition Bureau or the CRTC should do something about that. When is the CB and the CRTC going to rule on this?
post #67 of 138 (permalink) Old 2016-06-07, 11:14 AM

I just had a thought that Bell probably won't sell customers who have multiple services like Internet or tv. If you have just a phone from MTS then you will more likely to be sold off.
post #68 of 138 (permalink) Old 2016-06-07, 02:20 PM

Very true. I heard that too from people I have spoken too, most of them are saying that.

It does make sense that bundled customers would likely stay because then those customers can't bundle all the services plus I assume bundled customers bring more revenue for then non-bundled customers. They probably have more then 140,000 customers not in bundles.

I also hope Bell will consider the factor for how long customers have been with the company. You would think those customers would also be important because those customers are more likely to stay. Personally, I am both a bundled customer and been with MTS for over 6 years.

Funny thing is I was talking to MTS wireless in April changing my plan and he said "man you've been with us a long time." So front line reps must have access to how long an account has been active for.

post #69 of 138 (permalink) Old 2016-06-07, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mismag View Post
So how long before this forum gets moved to the Bell forums? I think the deal is only a formality now anyway.
We wouldn't move the forum until everything is finalized and official. Bell said it would take until the end of this year or early next year until everything gets approved. MTS shareholders vote on June 23 on whether to accept the buyout. If that is approved, then the CRTC, the Competition Bureau and Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (formerly Industry Canada) would start reviewing the transaction.

I think there is still a good chance that the deal doesn't get approved since Bell would be removing the strongest wireless competitor to the Big 3. Bell's argument is they are dividing up the wireless customers so Bell, Telus and Rogers would each have about a third of the market and that would be "good enough" competition. I don't think the regulators would have a problem with the phone, internet and TV being taken over by Bell.

I agree that those MTS wireless customers that didn't have any other services would more likely be transferred to Telus, since breaking the bundle discounts could easily drive bundled customers to Shaw for their other services.
gordon1111 likes this.
post #70 of 138 (permalink) Old 2016-06-08, 12:26 PM
Veteran

Quote:
So how long before this forum gets moved to the Bell forums?
Maybe it would be better to just rename it Bell Manitoba (formerly MTS). That would keep concerns from former MTS customers in a well organized forum.
post #71 of 138 (permalink) Old 2016-06-08, 02:06 PM

Wink Should regulators stop Bell from purchasing MTS

Should regulators stop Bell from purchasing MTS?

Last edited by 57; 2016-06-08 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Merged into existing thread
post #72 of 138 (permalink) Old 2016-06-08, 02:46 PM

Bell to buy MTS for $3.9 billion

ExDilbert nothing has been finalized yet. Why such the rush to get this forum in the Bell one??

post #73 of 138 (permalink) Old 2016-06-08, 04:36 PM
Veteran

@djoe2 Yes. The already have too much in the telecom industry, not to mention media.

I haven't lost my mind. It's around here...somewhere...
post #74 of 138 (permalink) Old 2016-06-08, 06:51 PM

Ok, why is my thread being redirected to a thread that already has loads of comments. My poll will just end up getting lost in the shuffle. The thread is no longer in my account history. It is a separate poll from the announcement. I hope it will be corrected. Total non-sense.
post #75 of 138 (permalink) Old 2016-06-20, 12:39 AM

Here's the problem:

The above is what happens when there are 4 players in the game. This deal should never be allowed. If it is the Competition Bureau or Industry Canada are now just shills for the BDU's. Anyone want to place bets?
What's happening in MB and SK should be promoted elsewhere not eliminated where it's working. Why we even have to have this discussion boggles the mind.
kcbrk32 and gordon1111 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in