Bell to buy MTS for $3.9 billion (approved) - Page 10 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #136 of 138 (permalink) Old 2017-04-24, 10:59 AM

I visited the Telus web site last week for other reasons and got the following geo-targeted page for MB in preparation for some MTS wireless customers being transferred to Telus.

TELUS welcomes MTS customers to the family.
Quote:
As an MTS customer, will I have to change my plan? How would this impact my services?
We know this is a big change for MTS customers. We want to make the transition to TELUS as easy and seamless as possible, without disrupting your existing products or services. You’ll pay the same price for a plan that is the same or better than your current MTS plan. Plus, you can keep your same phone number.
Selected MTS customers will be notified by mail that they are moving to TELUS, and will be provided with detailed information to complete the move. Until the transition, your service and rate plan will remain the same with Bell MTS.

This isn't mentioned in the FAQ, but Bell & Telus share cell towers, so coverage will be the same or better for both MTS and Telus customers.

I already noticed the improvement on the weekend when I was talking to someone who has a Telus cell phone. The voice quality has always been overly compressed, but yesterday they must have been on an MTS tower because the quality was almost indistinguishable from land-line quality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 138 (permalink) Old 2017-06-13, 10:22 PM

I just visited the Telus link I posted earlier and there is much more information available now, including one question I always had.
Quote:
How were people selected to move to TELUS?
The majority of selected customers are wireless only, but to ensure a balanced marketplace, there are also some customers with additional services.
I also visited the Rogers site and it auto-detected my region, giving me this message:
Quote:
Recent telecom changes in Manitoba do not impact our customers. Our Manitoban customers will to continue to enjoy the same reliable, high-quality service they have come to expect from our world-class network.
They obviously sorted out the Rogers/MTS network sharing agreement.
post #138 of 138 (permalink) Old 2017-11-07, 02:59 PM

Bell MTS moving forward in Manitoba
  • Bell MTS continues to roll out new broadband fibre and wireless service in Manitoba as part of Bell's 5-year, $1-billion capital investment plan for the province.
  • Bell Fibe Internet, offering download speeds up to 940 Mbps, is now available in parts of Beausejour, Blumenort, Brandon, Carberry, Dauphin, Dugald, Gimli, Killarney, La Salle, Lorette, Minnedosa, Mitchell, Morden, Neepawa, Niverville, Oakbank, Oakbluff, Selkirk, Steinbach, Stonewall, The Pas, Thompson, and Winkler, in addition to Fibe service already available in some Winnipeg locations.
  • Approximately 85% of the Bell MTS wireless network has been upgraded to LTE-A capability, including in Winnipeg, Brandon, Portage La Prairie, Selkirk, Steinbach, Gimli, Morden, Winkler, Churchill, Thompson, Flin Flon, Falcon Lake, East St. Paul, and Grand Beach. Next week, Bell will also complete continuous wireless coverage along the critical Highway 75 corridor linking Winnipeg to the US border at Emerson.
  • Bell will become the only carrier to offer cellular service for Apple Watch Series 3 in Manitoba beginning in early December.
  • This month, Bell MTS will introduce Fibe TV service in selected areas of the province, including exclusive television innovations like Restart, which lets you watch a show already in progress, or up to 30 hours after it started, from the beginning.
Source: BCE reports third quarter 2017 results

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in