TSN GO for MTS customers - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-11-17, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

TSN GO for MTS customers

Manitoba?s MTS Puts More TV on Mobile Devices and In Customers? Hands : Digital Home

Has anyone else tried TSN GO yet? I am travelling this week in Toronto and was not able to access the Jets game on TSN GO via TSN3 feed, but was able to access Monday night football on the TSN1 feed.

Wonder if there are other restrictions in place?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-11-17, 02:15 PM

TSN Go works fine, even for TSN 3. The reason you couldn't watch the Jets game in Toronto is that the games are region locked, meaning that you can't watch Jets games outside of Manitoba/Saskatchewan.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-11-17, 02:47 PM
Veteran

Add Northwestern Ontario to that list. We are Jets/Leafs/Sens region.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-11-18, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven119 View Post
TSN Go works fine, even for TSN 3. The reason you couldn't watch the Jets game in Toronto is that the games are region locked, meaning that you can't watch Jets games outside of Manitoba/Saskatchewan.
Thanks, in a way I understand, but you would think that because I logged in as an MTS user, they would know that is my HOME region and something that I could view when I was at home. I was hoping this would solve my "problem" of not being able to watch Jets games when I am travelling. Gues that was too much to hope for.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-11-18, 10:19 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
This restriction is in place to preclude people in Toronto, who may have friends with MTS (or other out of region providers) from watching restricted games/programming. (Account Sharing)

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2016-03-22, 04:38 PM

Sorry but can confirm the opposite works. If you have access to NHL GameCentre and are in the Winnipeg region the TSN games are blocked. If you take the same GameCentre account with a Manitoba billing address outside the Jets blackout region you can then watch the TSN games. This past week I went to watch a TSN 3 Jets game on the TSN Go app and couldn't make it happen when in Winnipeg. It could be my lack of experience with the app but with other live streams showing and working it sure seemed like it was excluded. I should add I was on an MTS Internet connection at the time too.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 2016-03-23, 01:33 PM

Watching TSN games through GameCentre and watching TSN3 through TSNGo are two different things. The games through TSNGo are still region locked, the games through GameCentre are not (except, apparently, your example of watching TSN in the Jets region through GameCentre, which makes sense, because you'd be able to watch on TSN3 anyways).

You weren't trying to watch last Friday's game against Chicago on TSNGo, were you? It wasn't streaming due to it being on nationally in the US, from what I heard. I've seen that happen twice this year.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 2016-04-04, 05:26 PM

I am not sure which TSN3 game I tried to stream without success.

That said, every game, every team on NHL Game Centre is region restricted. When out of the Jets region and successfully watching TSN3 games via Game Centre including the TSN feed I then tried to watch what was a local market game not involving the Jets and found it was region locked like the Jets would be in Winnipeg.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in