Soo why wont *67 (private caller) work with MTS? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2015-05-06, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Exclamation Soo why wont *67 (private caller) work with MTS?

I ALWAYS use *67 when I call someone...it works...but not with some numbers...one example is when I called a car salesman place to inquire about a car...the dude knew my number and read it back to me like I told it to him to call me back later...shocking.

Do certain companies pay to have this feature removed or what?...because...umm no I did not want to give my number to a CAR SALESMAN...

Sure enough I get a call back a few weeks later from the dude....which should not have happened if this feature worked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2015-05-07, 10:07 AM
Veteran

if the number is forwarded to a toll free number, the ani will come through because toll free will always show this 9 times out of 10, what this means in english, if the number you called is forwarded to a toll free number, they will get your call id 9 times out of 10
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2015-05-07, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

ANI: A ten digit number that matches the phone line the last leg of the call originated from. This will match the calling party's number in most cases, but will usually be replaced by another number if the call is not placed directly (eg. through a service like a calling card or Google Voice.) A residential customer never sees this information, but toll free numbers and some businesses can subscribe to real-time ANI.

So any business can subscribe to this?...even if Joe Schmo(schmo inc) says he's a 1 man business he can get to see your caller ID?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2015-05-07, 11:42 PM
Veteran

Yes even Joe Schmo can see ur number if he had the appropriate line type. Its a business line by the way. Different than residential.

Tags
mts home phone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in