Email Changing Again - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 2015-04-13, 03:49 AM
tux

Your Xbox Live account is tied to your Microsoft Account. Both your Xbox Live and Microsoft Account will continue to exist, and your username and password for these services will remain unchanged.

The only difference is your email. Rather than being through MS, it will be through MTS. In practical terms, what this means is you won't be able to access your email through MS websites such as MSN or Hotmail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 2015-04-19, 11:58 AM

Right now I get my MTS mail through Thunderbird, is that going to change? or still possible?
Nosmo
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 2015-04-19, 12:26 PM

I believe the only thing that will need to be changed are your POP3/SMTP server settings.

Authorized Service Provider (Contractor) for MTS Allstream. Any views expressed are my own.

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 2015-04-23, 11:00 AM

I guess since Synacor posted this, I can share:

"Synacor Selected by MTS to Provide Email Solution"

http://globenewswire.com/news-releas...-Solution.html

PS. Dr. Dave do you mind sharing how you post these press releases so I can make my posts look like yours? Not sure if that's how it's supposed to be done, or just your preference. Thanks

Authorized Service Provider (Contractor) for MTS Allstream. Any views expressed are my own.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 2015-04-24, 06:14 PM

and who is Synacor? Never heard of them until this posting?

http://synacor.com/products-services/communications/
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 2015-04-26, 02:26 AM
tux

They're the new email provider that MTS will outsource to for another 3 years, before switching again to someone else and forcing yet another migration.

However, Synacor seems to serve a lot of US cable and DSL providers, a lot of smaller ISPs but some big ones including Charter and Verizon, according to their Customers page. Synacor's not a household name like Hotmail, but that's because they supply services to ISPs, not directly to consumers, and the ISPs rebrand it under their own name. Their major competitor would probably be Zimbra.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 2015-04-26, 08:44 AM

Tux,
I don't think Zimbra is their competition, As it appears that the MTS Mail webmail is actually Zimbra. I say that because Shaw uses a Zimbra client and MTS Mail looks very much the same.

btw, you do realize that it was Microsoft that killed the email program not MTS. There were a ton of Internet Providers who were displaced by Microsoft's actions including Bell. That said I would be shocked if MTS didn't take steps to ensure the same thing doesn't happen again.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 2015-04-28, 01:42 PM
Rookie

Moved my mail over a week ago. Everything went smooth. All 8k in my Deleted/POP folder made it as well as self-made folders made on the outlook.com site. Only changes I had to make in Thunderbird were the POP/SMTP servers to mail.mymts.net

What I found interesting is that you can still log into outlook.com with your mymts.net email and still send email from there, it just will no longer receive.

Kinda shocked they dont kill the outlook.com login off once migrated. I tried to do it and it would not let me something about domain.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 2015-05-07, 12:15 PM

I don't know why people don't just register a new .COM domain for $15/16 per year (or less on promos) and get a cheap email only hosting account/service for $2/mth.

You never lose that e-mail account and you can switch between ISPs whenever your heart 9or promo offer) desires.

MTS has change their mail hosting more often than most people change their underwear...lol

Stop depending on your ISP mail hosting if you use a registered e-mail address for anything important.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 2015-05-07, 12:33 PM
Veteran

Email Changing Again

Why spend money when you don't have to?

When I switched from Shaw to TBayTel. I switched all my accounts email to Hotmail.

Hotmail allows me what you said plus I can control what folder emails go to including on my phone. All for free. The same can be said for Gmail and others. Most people don't need to pay for email.

Last edited by DSgamby; 2015-05-07 at 07:19 PM.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 2015-05-08, 04:19 PM
Veteran

I guess I like to spend money. It's $12/year and the email forwarding is free.
Includes a few addresses for me, my wife and our dog.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 2015-05-16, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Anyone's email change yet?
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 2015-05-16, 10:53 PM

I changed mine using instructions on the MTS community site 3 weeks ago. I use windows live mail on my desktop so I forward my mail to it.The process was pretty easy to do and worked like a charm. This is the link on how to do it if you don't want to wait for MTS to notify you of your change time: https://movemymail.mts.ca/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in