Cellular long distance add-on increase? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2014-10-26, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Cellular long distance add-on increase?

I just noticed that my long distance add-on is $5 more this bill. Anyone hear anything about this increase? Are providers required to notify customers? (especially if on contract)

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining Don't want to bite the hand that feeds me I don't think I need it, so I'll be cancelling it.

Authorized Service Provider (Contractor) for MTS Allstream. Any views expressed are my own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2014-10-26, 09:35 AM

Just noticed that there is a similar question on the MTS community forum posted yesterday evening. That person too is going to discontinue the long distance add on due to lack of use.

Usually price changes are put in the news section of the MTS bill and I went back through a few months of them and didn't see anything about this change.

As its an optional service maybe MTS doesn't have to say anything in advance. It will be interesting to see what the MTS official answer is.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2014-10-26, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

That was me Since others from here have posted on there, I thought why not.

Authorized Service Provider (Contractor) for MTS Allstream. Any views expressed are my own.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2014-10-26, 12:38 PM

sort of figured that, as the time stamps were close.

Looks like MTS community admins do not work on Sunday so we will see Monday what they say.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2014-10-27, 10:20 AM

http://www.mts.ca/mts/personal/wirel...+long+distance

from the website it looks like the price went from $10 to $15.... a 50% price increase without notice...

What a huge pile of crap. I check back on my old bills and not a peep of a rate increase. I thought there is a CRTC regulation requiring notice of rate increases? did anyone ever see anything?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2014-10-27, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Like I said on the MTS Community forum earlier, when I did the live chat with a rep to cancel my long distance, they told me I had signed up on July 14th, so I wouldn't have seen it on my July bill. Although, I wonder a) why they wouldn't have just put it on there for everyone, not just the customers who had that feature at that point, and b) why they didn't leave it on the bill until the effective start date? She did offer to give it to me for $10 for 3 more months for the "trouble" but I declined.

But it sounds like nobody got any notice AT ALL? I'd be interested to see if/what repercussions could come of this if they did break some kind of rule. Reminds me of how all of a sudden call display and voicemail lite became included in all plans.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2014-10-27, 05:38 PM

According to MTS community forum it was in the messages section in the July bill. It was not on mine so maybe they only targeted customers with the rate increase news if they have the long distance option. (I don't have it). I also checked June and Aug in case my July billing date may not have fallen in the message generation date.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in