MTS Service issues - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 2014-05-08, 12:43 PM

Be sure to call MTS for your service credit! Sounds almost exactly like my experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 2014-05-08, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Just an update this morning static again. Mozza how did they fix your problem. MTS is coming again on Tuesday. How long should I put up with this static and problems. Very annoying. This morning while on the phone I kept even hearing a dialtone and interference. Thanks Gordon

Currently with MTS(All services TV,Internet, Home phone and Cell phone)
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 2014-05-11, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

MTS Service issues

This weekend no issues as we have had no rain I am waiting patiently for mts to come on Tuesday still. I am very tempted to switch to Shaw I have been in touch with them to see the promos they have and they see good I'm also tempted on buying out my contract and going to Telus for cell phones. I'm un sure how much more time I should give mts it's really unfortunate as I usually have had great service thru them had a cell phone since 2010 and tv and internet 3 years with the exception of 11 months in 2012 where I switched to shaw for a good promotion. I always pay my bills on time. This just makes me sad as I want to keep my mts services I get good value from them. Thanks Gordon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 2014-05-11, 10:25 PM

Give them 10 more days. I know that seems like a long time, but when they fixed my issue (which sounds EXACTLY like yours) it didn't come back. I've had flawless service with them since, and they credited me for downtime plus some. 10 more days.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 2014-05-12, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

How did they fix it? What did they replace? And yes I will give then 10 more days maybe a month because it just makes more sense for me to stay with mts as I got all my services thru them just want working services again like before.

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 2014-05-12, 10:51 AM

Sounds like you have a pair on a wet distribution cable. What happened is you were probably transferred to a working (dry) pair to get you back into service, but once that pair received dial tone it starts to act up in a few days.

MTS cable techs have to find the wet spot in the cable and replace it or if its a splice case that's wet dry it out. A wet section takes longer to fix as it has to be scheduled etc.
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 2014-05-12, 12:32 PM

^^^ Yeah, what he said. It was only fixed when they replaced a section of wire.

Like I said - make sure they know you are without service still. They will credit you for every day of downtime, and then some.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 2014-05-13, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Update

The Technician came today he went onto my laptop logged into my pace gateway said the problem lies outside was up at the pole for a good half hour went for a drive some where returned and spent another half hour up at the pole the whole time I lost all mts services while he was doing this. as he was finished he said the pairs were corroded. So we will see what happens from there. Hoping all is fixed now. Thanks, Gordon

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 2016-03-20, 01:16 PM

Hey, I saw your post on the Community Forum. Sorry to hear you're having problems again. I didn't want to reply on there, as I'm not an official rep on there. Figured I'd try and chat with you here for more details, to get an idea of how far you are from the DSLAM, etc.

Longer service loops have more junctions (underground, surface level, overhead) which means more splices, thus more potential for faults. Not to mention more cable surface area in between for animals to get at

If you want, you can PM me and we can talk more.

Authorized Service Provider (Contractor) for MTS Allstream. Any views expressed are my own.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 2016-03-20, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 2016-03-21, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Hi Macman I am having problems with the direct message on here. Apparently my mailbox is full but I am unsure how to clear it on Tapatalk. You can follow my updates on MTS community forum. Thanks so much for your help. Gordon

Macman likes this.

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 2016-04-02, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Macman,
Since my mailbox is full and I'm having such horrible experience trying to get into my account can you please type what you wrote on here. Thanks

Update: I finally got in and deleted some messages. Please inbox me via DM. Thanks Gordon

Last edited by gordon1111; 2016-04-02 at 11:20 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in