Lovin' My MTS - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 2013-04-17, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Lovin' My MTS

Got my MTS internet and phone installed today. The lightning 20 plan is kicking the hell out of the Shaw BB100 plan that I was on up until this morning. Tonight at 7:30 pm when Shaw's saturated internet would have had me at below 2 mbps dl speed (that's where I've been at for 8 1/2 months on the BB100 plan) my family was able to watch 2 superHD Netflix movies on 2 separate PS3s at the same time as my son was watching youtube videos on his iPod and we were browsing the web on the computer. Doing all this brought my MTS speed down to 2.3 mbps dl, which was equal to the Shaw BB100 speeds I received for approx. 14-16 hrs a day. The difference was that I was able to use the internet for all of the above and got those speeds from MTS lightning 20, and I got the same low dl speeds with Shaw BEFORE I could use the internet for anything other than my kids iPod youtube videos. Tonight was the first time in the 8 1/2 month period that we could use the internet for more than one device. Hell it was the first time that we could watch Netflix at all while someone else was using the internet in our house. My kid is happier than a pig in you know what that for once he wasn't being told that he couldn't use his iPod online or couldn't watch Netflix because someone else had to use the computer. Last night his iPod got disconnected twice while his mom was checking her email while we still had Shaw. You know your internet is bad when an iPod and checking an email account is too much for it to handle(especially when your plan is supposed to be BB100) It is so nice to not have to worry about what time of day it is when you want to use the internet! I noticed that with the VDSL2 line that my PS3 connection test is showing 17mbps dl on average and when I had MTS 16 months ago with the same plan on the old wiring the most I ever got on the same test was 6.3 mbps DL. With Shaw BB100 at non peak times the highest I ever got was 13.9 mbps on the PS3. The installer mentioned that the main panel 8 blocks from my house had fibre running to it and regular lines from there to my house, so I don't know if that was the difference from 16 months ago or not. The installation was over in approx. 45 minutes, and I really like the fact that the modems are auto detect now. Thanks again MTS, you made life a lot less stressful than it has been for my family in the last 8+ months

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in