2013 MTS Wireless Price Changes - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-02-13, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

2013 MTS Wireless Price Changes

Effective February 5th, 2013, there will be a nominal increase in the monthly price for call display, call forward, and several feature packages. Existing customers will see this reflected on their bill beginning February 7th.

Feature price changes
Effective February 5th 2013:

* Call Display will be $9/month
* Call Forward will be $3/month

Message package price changes
Effective February 5th, 2013:

* The 1000 message pack will be $12/month
* The Unlimited message pack will be $17/month

Feature package price changes
Effective February 5th, 2013:

* The Talk, Text n' Browse pack will be $19/month
* The Talk, Text n' Browse pack plus will be $22/month
* The Talk n' Text pack will be $19/month
* The Talk n' Text pack plus will be $22/month
* The Unlimited pack will be $24/month
* The Unlimited pack plus will be $27/month

Long Distance Price Changes
Effective March 30th, 2013:

* The wireless long distance rate will increase to $0.45/minute for calls made within Canada to Canada and made within Canada to the U.S.

http://www.mts.ca/mts/personal/suppo...+price+changes

So let me get this strait...since call id was $7 i now have to pay an extra 2 bux plus w/e plan with a extra few dollars?...so the bill now could be an extra $5-10 dollars a month?...lol

Defininition of Nominal = Insignificantly small; trifling: a nominal sum.

2+ dollars a month is HUGE...5 cents is nominal...whats to stop them from charging 300 extra for caller ID?...these are not contracts...these are death pleadges that would not hold any water in an "honest" court of law...

Tomorrow i am cancelling a few "features"...do i really need caller id?...nah...with the extra $100 that i will save from giving MTS for the rest of the year I am gonna donate it to some kind of free wireless invention or save the whales
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-02-13, 09:58 PM

I would not mind the call display price going up as much if MTS could match Rogers and add the name showing up with the number if its from somebody not in my contact list.

I also wonder if we will see land line call display prices going up in the future because they can get away with it on the mobility side?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-02-13, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
I would not mind the call display price going up as much if MTS could match Rogers and add the name showing up with the number if its from somebody not in my contact list.
There might be an app for that...i think in blackberry apps they have something that does that...the number is run through the yellow pages then the name shows up on your phone or sumthin...but you still have to have caller id...which sucks...

Quote:
I also wonder if we will see land line call display prices going up in the future because they can get away with it on the mobility side?
MTS sneaks other charges on the landline...such as "wire fixing fee" and "number switch fee"...something thats a few dollars here...and a few dollars there...and who knows what else they will come up with...maybe "garden gnome security fee"?...

Last edited by binary1010; 2013-02-14 at 10:38 AM. Reason: checked the landline bill...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-02-14, 07:48 AM

I've been really steamed about the call display surcharge for some time. The fact that they even charge extra for something that's built into the service is bad enough, but $9 a month? That's more than I pay for Netflix!
I've been an MTS customer for a long time, but I'm giving Rogers a long look when my contract is up next month.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-02-14, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
I've been really steamed about the call display surcharge for some time. The fact that they even charge extra for something that's built into the service is bad enough, but $9 a month? That's more than I pay for Netflix!
I've been an MTS customer for a long time, but I'm giving Rogers a long look when my contract is up next month.
If your contract is up you could probably talk to the loyalty department and say hey...either give me caller id for free for next contract + messaging service or I walk...and not free for just 3 months...for the length of the contract...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-02-15, 12:45 AM

Telus includes call display and I believe Bell does also !

Currently with MTS(All services TV,Internet, Home phone and Cell phone)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-02-15, 09:27 AM

I'm definitely not planning to get locked in for 3 more years. Between the CRTC hearings, and Wind possibly entering the market, I'm hoping MTS (or their competition) will get lot more competitive in the next year or so. I'm either going to hold on to my clunker for a few months, or buy a new handset outright so i can shop around for the best plan.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in