MediaRoom Second Screen? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2012-12-04, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

I went into Set-up to update my channels tonight, and I saw there's a new option for a "Second Screen". Apparently you can use an iPhone app to access extra information about whatever you're watching.
I'm probably not going to use it, since I know how to Google something without an app telling me what to look for, but I thought I'd mention it.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2012-12-05 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Moved to this thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2012-12-05, 11:10 AM

MediaRoom Second Screen?

So following the channel changes yesterday I headed into the menus to start customizing my channel listing. I then noticed a new section for second screen support. There does not seem to be any documentation on it. Does anyone know more about this?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2012-12-05, 01:45 PM

Not sure if it is the same as described here. The same name is used by AT&T U-verse.
http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pi...t-applications

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2012-12-05, 02:33 PM

MTS.ca is down right now so I can't post the link, but I found it yesterday in the section on apps. look for App for TV in Ultimate TV and then Miso.

Funny enough I already used Miso, so I had the app already. not a lot of content for side-shows but it is user generated.

For people who like these types of apps check out Quips (by the guys who created the Miso app) it is a fun app for talking about programs you watch with others who like the same shows.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2012-12-05, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
MTS.ca is down right now so I can't post the link, but I found it yesterday in the section on apps. look for App for TV in Ultimate TV and then Miso.
Were you able to "pair" Miso on your smartphone with MTS TV? It seems like you're supposed to be able to do that, but I can't figure out how (at least on my iPhone).

Quote:
What's New in Version 3.2.4
- Connect Miso with your internet-enabled MTS Ultimate TV receiver to automatically identify what's on TV and synchronize SideShows.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2012-12-06, 11:30 AM

yes, you press the TV icon on the top middle of the Miso app, a little window pops open that shows any set-top boxes in your home that you enabled.

I should point out that you phone has to be connected to your gateway's wifi for it to work (same network as your set-top box)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 2012-12-06, 11:49 AM

Thanks SomeRandomGuy. They're all on the same network, but I'm using a separate wifi router (not using wifi on the RG). I'll have to do some experimenting. Might be some kind of multicast issue, which I've experienced before.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 2012-12-10, 11:47 AM

Here is a link to the instructions from MTS for enabling second screen:

http://www.mts.ca/mts/personal/suppo...iso.newSupport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in