Recordings erased with no warning - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2012-10-29, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Recordings erased with no warning

I recently started having a problem where recordings are being erased with no warning. I have the 500GB PVR and have managed to get it to 30% space free, which should still give me 40ish hours of HD recording.

However, I noticed that some of my older programs are getting erased for no apparent reason. I also do not see the exclamation mark that I used to have on the smaller PVR to warn you that something might be erased soon.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there anything I can do other than mark it to keep programs until I erase?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2012-10-30, 12:39 AM

Aside from a bug, the only thing I can think of is that a series is set to keep a specified number of episodes. If you know which programs were erased and they were a series recording, you can check to make sure the "keep" option isn't set to a number of episodes.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2012-10-31, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

The series the most impacted had 84 recordings originally (in SD) and now it is down to 19. It was definitely marked as keep until space needed.

I also had an issue today where it won't let me pause live TV. It sure seems like a bug and is very frustrating since I paid extra to have this space available.

It looks like I will have to contact MTS and go through their usual problem solving of unplugging it and telling them that didn't solve the problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in