Keep getting message "press ok to browse a list of recordings" - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2012-09-11, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Keep getting message "press ok to browse a list of recordings"

First off I have not changed anything on my system in months. Nothing has changed that I'm aware of.

I don't watch a lot of TV, especially since the few shows I like haven't started for the new season yet, but have recorded a few movies from Movie Central. So far no issues when watching on the main TV that the PVR is connected to. When trying to watch from the bedroom the movie stutters from time to time which it doesn't do unless the network is being heavily utilized. Most of the time nothing is on the network.

Also while watching a recording I frequently get the message "Press OK to browse a recording". If I leave it alone the movie continues to play but I cannot pause the movie. If open the recorded shows window then the movie stops, not even paused in the background, I just get the blue background. There is no list of recordings available, just scheduled. If I wait a minute or two then I get a list of recordings and can resume the movie, usually from where I left off, sometimes it doesn't remember where I left off. If I don't go into recorded shows I can continue to watch the movie but the message stays visible at the bottom of the screen.

I have rebooted the 2wire, both cable boxes, and the WD Livewire boxes that the network travels over. I know you're going to say it's the Livewire but I haven't made any changes to them since plugging them in. I also have a WD TV machine hooked up to the same WD Livewire devices which streams video files from my NAS without these issues.

Like I said, I do not watch a lot of TV and only noticed this issue yesterday. The last time I watched a recorded show, maybe 3 weeks ago I never experienced these issues.

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on what I am experiencing and if possible, how to resolve this?

Thanks for reading!

Kelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2012-09-11, 07:39 PM

Im 99% sure its your powerline adapters. Call MTS out and they'll run a CAT5 from your STB to the 2wire. Powerline adapters and most wireless setups cannot carry the bandwidth that is necessary for constant communications between the 2wire and the STB. Powerline adapters are just like wireless in the way they are affected by interference and RF noise. They may work at times but at times it may cause pixelating and freezing.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2012-09-11, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

I have had the adapters working with MTS TV since February without issue, only time the issue has come up is yesterday and today. And I'm not losing the video stream as the video will continue to play after the message shows up.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2012-09-11, 10:24 PM

Could be RF coming from something new at your neighbors house. If the cat5 is installed at least it rules that out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in