MTS TV 2012 programming packages and pricing discussion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 2012-01-01, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

MTS TV 2012 programming packages and pricing discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss packages and pricing for MTS TV for 2012.

Replaces MTS TV 2011 programming packages and pricing discussion and MTS tv changes Dec 8 2011.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 2012-03-01, 12:17 PM

TSN Jets question - I'm thinking of adding the channel just for the months of March and April to catch the end of the season. I "chatted" with MTS this morning, and they don't know how the billing for April will work - there are only 3 games I think. The rep seemed to think it would be a full month's charge for April anyways.

Anyone have any info on how they charge for TSN Jets for partial months? I might just subscribe for March and cancel at the end of the month...
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 2012-03-01, 10:03 PM

10 bucks for Apirl....well worth it

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 2012-03-01, 11:33 PM

Not sure on this scenario but this group has a minimum 30 day subscription when you sign up for it.

I wasnt going to say anything because it seems like my posts mostly go unnoticed but i guess i care too much.

HTH
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 2012-03-01, 11:40 PM

I notice your posts all the time...? They are almost always very helpful!

In any case - I'm going to try and restrain myself from subscribing...
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 2012-03-06, 10:03 PM

I dropped MTS TV at the end of December because I was out of the country for a while and I believe I was only charged for part of the month.
I cancelled on Dec. 31, but on my bill I was credited $9.95 for Dec. 26 through Jan. 28, and billed $1.99 for Dec. 26 through Jan. 1.
So it looks like they'll only charge you for part of the month if you cancel during the month, and in any case the billing doesn't seem to be linked directly to calendar months anyway.
I'm not sure if that means MTS won't charge for the full month of April, but based on my January billing I'd be surprised if they charged the full $10 for just a few days.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 2012-03-09, 10:44 AM

Dusk is ending service on March 23 by its provider. Yesterday a message showed up on my tv saying that MTS would be losing the channel that day which is no surprise, but they said something yet to be determined would be added in its place. At the channel provider level Dusk is ending and ABC Spark is getting added. This might also be an opportunity to MTS to add FX Canada which we are still missing.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 2012-03-20, 11:03 PM

Didn't even notice the "notice" - but my internet and my TV pricing went up $3 each.

Ouch.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 2012-03-20, 11:05 PM

yeah that is a $6.00 increase But i know shaw is going up a lot as well so they are still on par with Shaw

Currently with MTS(All services TV,Internet, Home phone and Cell phone)
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 2012-03-21, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon1111 View Post
yeah that is a $6.00 increase But i know shaw is going up a lot as well so they are still on par with Shaw
Oh, don't get me wrong - it's still value, but to get hit with two increases at once still smarts.
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 2012-03-21, 12:41 PM

oh your right Mozza couldnt have said it better myself !

Currently with MTS(All services TV,Internet, Home phone and Cell phone)
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 2012-03-21, 06:20 PM

Pulling The Plug.....

I cancelled my Ultimate TV and DSL service with MTS a couple of weeks ago. I'm keeping my MTS Wireless plan, and will have SHAW BB50 installed this weekend. Talked to sales at MTS a couple of weeks ago, I explained to them that TV services were just getting too expensive. I wanted to keep MTS as my ISP but they can't come even close to the bandwidth SHAW provides. Sales people were nice enough but there hands are tied.

Cheers.
Loyal MTS subscriber for 14 years and an early adopter of DSL, Digital TV and Ultimate TV.
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 2012-03-21, 07:49 PM

They really should offer a lower price starter tv package. $44.50 for a base package is too much. Something along the lines of shaw direct's digital value pack that is under $30 after tax would be nice.

Also requiring people to pay for TV service to get faster internet package is definately hurting their potential internet customer base.
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 2012-03-21, 09:51 PM

It's funny that you mention "bandwidth" when talking about Shaw - one of the main reasons why I'm staying with MTS now is because of their unlimited data. Did Shaw increase their caps significantly?

I'm burning between 300-350GB a month, sometimes more.
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 2012-03-22, 07:55 AM

BB50 has a 400GB cap. With MTS I could never reach a cap like that with a speed of 256 Kbps. Shaw also provide a Bump Up that a allows me to move to the next tier if I exceede my bandwidth cap. Personally I think 400GB is more than I will need.
Cheers
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in