Record 2 HD channels while watching another? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-09-08, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Record 2 HD channels while watching another?

With MTS Ultimate TV can you record two different channels in HD while watching a third channel in HD as you can with Shaw? I am curious as I am thinking of switching. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-09-08, 10:17 PM

Unfortunately no. MTS provides 2 HD streams and 1 SD stream. If you want to record 2 HD shows at the same time you can't watch anything else in HD (except for the shows you're recording).
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-09-08, 10:41 PM

You can also watch previously recorded shows that don't count towards the 2HD/1SD limit since they are being transferred locally through the whole-home PVR. You can have up to 6 active TVs, but can only record or watch live 2HD and 1 SD at a time.

Depending on your situation, it may be possible to reschedule the recordings to other times when they don't cause a conflict. Specialty channels often repeat programs or you may want to use time-shifting channels for the broadcast networks. Personally, I schedule everything as series recordings and watch them later so I can skip the commercials.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-09-17, 11:44 PM

Actually, Dr. Dave, something interesting to mention is that Ultimate TV now supports up to 8 STBs! Although still only 2 HD/1SD
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-09-19, 02:54 PM

Interesting. Can all 8 TVs be active i.e. watch 3 live and 5 recordings? The MTS support page still says the limit is 6.

How many recordings can I watch simultaneously?
Three recorded programs can be viewed simultaneously, one of which has to be viewed on the TV connected to your PVR.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in