New GALAXIE channel 60??? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2011-08-30, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

New GALAXIE channel 60???

Anyone else notice a new GALAXIE channel on 60?

Looks like they updated 600 as well with the same thing.

Let's you scroll through what is playing on other channels while listening to something else, and has album art and past songs.

I assume this is something new, since I don't recall seeing a channel 60 last week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 2011-08-30, 12:31 PM

I see it too. There is still channel 600, so MTS must be using both channels.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 2011-08-31, 12:04 AM

I was looking at the MTS "Features" page for another reason and noticed this blurb:

Quote:
Galaxie Access is an interactive music channel found on channel 60 and 600 in your MTS TV guide. Galaxie Access allows you to choose from a variety of music genres. You can see the song name and artist information for your current song as well as the next song coming up.

Note: This feature also requires a subscription to the MTS High Speed Internet Lightning plan or a higher speed Internet plan from MTS. If you do not subscribe to an appropriate MTS Internet plan, then you can still enjoy commercial-free music on channels 601-645.
It looks like they completely rewrote the Galaxie app to be fully interactive and pull the info including the cover art over your internet connection (thus the minimum requirements). The app is the same on channel 60 and 600.

Played with the app for a few minutes and noticed the following:
  • Note that some genres take more than 1 page, so you can use the right and left arrows to browse though the list.
  • If you go into the "Cover View" you can browse the cover art for the last 10 songs played on that channel.
  • There is a "History" section where it shows the last few channels you've listened to. You can easily switch to one of the channels in the history.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2011-10-08, 11:13 AM

I was looking at the MTS Support section and noticed they have detailed instructions for this app.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2011-12-17 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Updated link
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2013-07-06, 11:44 AM

The people at Galaxie have updated their Mediaroom app - here are the instructions for MTS Ultimate TV:

http://www.mts.ca/mts/personal/suppo...oom.newSupport

It takes a little getting used to - you have to use the up/down arrows to navigate to the right menu. There are a few new bells and whistles that look interesting.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2013-07-06, 12:47 PM

I wish MTS Internet would provide the Galaxie channels, like Shaw, SaskTel, Rogers, and Bell do.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2013-07-06, 04:51 PM
Veteran

I wish Bell Fibe would offer all 100 channels of Galaxie and not just 45. Also I wish you could go to the Galaxie Web Site and select any of the 100 channels instead of only the ones offered by your provider.

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2013-07-08, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

there were a bunch of new channels in the new Galaxie app when it first launched, but they only played for 30 minutes and would stop. They got pulled after a few days. I wonder if there was a problem with them.... Hope they bring them back, there were some good ones in there.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2013-07-08, 12:40 PM

I believe Galaxie has different packages of channels that they make available to the providers. My guess is Galaxie accidentally made a configuration error on the new app and gave MTS more channels than they had licensed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in