MTS 'smartphones' - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-08-23, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

MTS 'smartphones'

With the recent flurry of new (and very cool ) Android phones that have recently hit the market, I have to ask: What is MTS thinking?

Has anyone gone into a Connect store and looked at the selection of smartphones? As an MTS wireless user (for a few more months anyway), it's a little frustrating to see the sad selection of phones. And the only thing on the horizon is a new Blackberry that looks to be miles behind other devices that have been out for months now.

Just incredible. Get some hardware MTS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-08-23, 02:14 PM

I've gone in there and asked about Android phones. I think they get the question fairly often. I ended up just buying an unlocked Samsung phone elsewhere. It's quite perplexing why they can't get one or two decent android phones. Theres no reason why they can't sell the Nexus S at the very least.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-08-23, 03:02 PM
Rookie

I'm also one to ask them about this. The latest Android phone they offer is the Motorola SPICE which is essentially the Hero with a physical keyboard, smaller screen, smaller battery and 4G support.

The Galaxy S2 would be nice...even the Atrix 4G. Instead we get the iPhone 4 and every (dead) Blackberry ever made

Anyone else notice the iPhone 4 isn't considered a smartphone on the MTS website?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-08-23, 10:42 PM

I purchased an HTC Liberty unlocked online for $200 and put it on my MTS account. Best decision I've made in a long time.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-08-24, 01:32 PM

I have a theory that MTS had to promise Apple not to release any non-BlackBerry smartphones for a set period in order to secure the iPhone because they are such a small provider.

It's the only reasonable explanation for why they don't have any new Android phones.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in