MTS Internet Price Decrease for Bolt and Super Max - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-07-12, 09:55 AM
Rookie

There are better modems than the 5200. The current one they give out is the Actiontec. One benefit of this modem is it can take care of the PPPOE connection for you instead of your router/PC. You can also log into it and it will show you your connection profile speed.

I had my profile speed drop and I was getting a slower upstream similar to what you are seeing. A tech replaced a connection outside of the house, made a call and got my profile changed restoring my speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-07-13, 03:18 PM

I went down and spoke with tech at MTS and they said that 7 down 1 up is normal and my 6 down and .4 up was good and I didn't need more up speed unless I was hosting a website. They said a tethered iPhone 4 with unlimited data would not play games well. They said to stick with what I have and ask for a loyalty discount. They were helpful at the MTS store. All other depts just told me to give 30 days notice because they can't improve the service.

Edit: they said I could have a newer modem but it wouldn't make a difference.
post #48 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-27, 02:19 AM
Rookie

Is Lightning Bolt worth it?

I notice MTS has a promotional three-month price of $30/month to try the Lightning Bolt Internet. I have Lightning right now and I assume it would be a pretty significant difference. Can anyone confirm?

I assume after three months of paying $30, I can go back to Lightning at $47/month if Bolt doesn't do it for me?

Many thanks.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2011-10-27 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Moved to existing thread

post #49 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-27, 09:39 AM

Yes - I am getting 32 mbps down with Bolt, as opposed to 7 mbps with Lightning. That is when I'm not watching TV - I found it hovering around 21 mbps otherwise.

The promo for me is up, and I'm keeping it for now at $57/month... but I had the option to switch back at any time as I could now I guess.
post #50 of 61 (permalink) Old 2012-08-31, 10:29 PM

Ok, so I've had the Lightning Bolt plan for the past 6 months or more, and I think it was around $57.

I just checked MTS' website, and no longer see the 32 Mbps Bolt plan. The fastest now is only 20 Mbps "Lightning 20" and it's $60 !!!

I haven't heard anything from MTS, their customer service is closed all long weekend, and there is no way to see online in my account what service I have exactly or what I'm being charged.

Anybody else have any ideas?
post #51 of 61 (permalink) Old 2012-08-31, 11:04 PM

MTS should be open regular time tommorrow they are however closed on Monday Saturday and Sunday they are open 10-6

Currently with MTS(All services TV,Internet, Home phone and Cell phone)
post #52 of 61 (permalink) Old 2012-09-01, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

@no123one, here is the thread on the Lightning 20 package. Bolt isn't offered to new customers, but you should be able to stay on it for now.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=154579
post #53 of 61 (permalink) Old 2012-09-01, 02:58 PM

Nope MTS' phone support is only Monday to Friday. Just tried calling today (Saturday) and got that message. And since it's a long weekend I can't get hold of them until Tuesday (also they screwed up my TV billing by locking me in to the super channels even though I cancelled my promo before Sept 1 as I was told).

Thanks for link Dave, that's what I thought. MTS is now offering slower plans at higher $$$. How nice of them.
post #54 of 61 (permalink) Old 2012-09-01, 03:05 PM

I just tried calling and it is open I got thru just call 204-225-5687 press option 2 then 3 and you should be able to get thru !

post #55 of 61 (permalink) Old 2012-09-01, 04:07 PM

Thanks Gordon! Unfortunately I just get a message saying they are "experiencing high call volumes, try again later" then it hangs up on me. NICE MTS!
post #56 of 61 (permalink) Old 2012-09-02, 01:02 AM

Well thats one thing I hate about mts that they always seem to say that I never get that message with Shaw but I do know that they had high call volumes for a long time (up to 4 hours) at one time so I guess they are both the same at that anyways try calling again another time they should be able to assist you !

post #57 of 61 (permalink) Old 2012-09-03, 12:13 AM

Thanks Gordon. Does anybody else remember when MTS used to call YOU back during high call volumes? Their service has gone down while their price has gone up.

Sure enough, as I suspected, MTS ditched the 32 Mbps Bolt and now the fastest you can officially get is the 20 Mbps L20, which costs $3 more than the Bolt did. They said I will stay on Bolt, but my price will go up to $60, and once I change anything with my internet, I can no longer get Bolt. They also said a few times "as of right now there is no bandwidth cap". The way it was said makes me think MTS is going to start capping things soon, now that you can have internet like the L10, L20 without having the TV boxes.
post #58 of 61 (permalink) Old 2012-09-03, 02:39 AM

They still offer call backs but not all the time I get them once in a while when i am calling to inquire about my celluar service and when I had mts for tv internet and phone back in May it still once in a while allowed the call back option but it was never offered all the time !

post #59 of 61 (permalink) Old 2012-09-03, 08:54 AM

I believe tech support has the callback feature, but not sales.
post #60 of 61 (permalink) Old 2012-09-03, 11:21 PM

Ok, thanks Mozza, good to know. I guess I haven't needed tech support for a while which is a good thing (knock on wood).

Tags
mts internet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in