NHL Center Ice now on MTS TV - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 2011-08-26, 03:33 PM

I appreciate the info johnnucleo. Makes me feel better knowing that the potential to see the games that CBC and TSN are not carrying will exist for us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 2011-08-26, 06:12 PM

4 payments of $50 or 1 payment of $200.
Quote:
With up to 40 out-of-market games a week, following your favourite teams and players during the regular season has never been easier. Don't wait for the highlight shows - watch the highlights happen live. Blackouts in effect for all Winnipeg Jets games.
NHL Centre Ice will be on MTS Ultimate TV on channels 551- 564 (SD) and 565 to 578 (HD).
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 2011-08-27, 10:38 AM

Is there a "hotstove" style channel to watch more than one game at once? I guess you could use the "MyPicks" channel for that?

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 2011-08-27, 11:53 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpegger View Post
I appreciate the info johnnucleo. Makes me feel better knowing that the potential to see the games that CBC and TSN are not carrying will exist for us.
Yes, all games will be televised to the Winnipeg market. Here's the problem though - Will all carriers in Manitoba offer this new TSN Jets channel? The other specialty TSN channel - TSN Habs is ONLY carried by Bell and NO ONE else. It's possible that in order to watch the 56 games not on CBC or TSN National channel you need to have Bell satellite TV. It remains to be seen if Shaw, Shaw Direct, and MTS will carry the channel. My guess is MTS will, but Shaw will likely not. Just my guess.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 2011-08-27, 03:00 PM

My Picks

@Mozza, I don't know what a "hotstove" channel is, but MTS promotes My Picks for NFL Sunday Ticket so it should work fine for Centre Ice.

There's a My Picks thread if someone wants more info.

You can set up a catalogue layout and watch up to 6 channels at once.

If you press OK on a channel, you get a large screen with a permanent PIP window
that you can move and scroll to watch another channel.

You can also use the viewer layout to keep an eye on several other channels while you focus on one game.

You can pause and rewind the current channel in any of the layouts. If you're recording one of the other channels and switch to it, you can also rewind it to catch an interesting play that you missed.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 2011-08-27, 05:57 PM

My picks looks good but from what i have read is if i get c.i and the day the jets are playing will all the games on center ice be blocked ?
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 2011-08-27, 06:09 PM

@steelers2005, the MTS site says "Blackouts in effect for all Winnipeg Jets games" - see post 17. Rumour is that the Jets will be carried on another channel.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 2011-08-27, 07:29 PM

@Dr. Dave - I know about MyPicks and how it works - that's why I mentioned it in my original question. I just didn't know if Centre Ice had anything like that built in.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 2011-08-27, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers2005 View Post
My picks looks good but from what i have read is if i get c.i and the day the jets are playing will all the games on center ice be blocked ?
Only Jets games are blocked if you live in Winnipeg. Not all the games on days they play. So if you're ordering CI for Jets games, don't, they'll all be blacked out. If you're ordering CI for like Bruins games, then you're good to go.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 2011-08-31, 12:17 AM

Well Hot diggade dog!! best news ever from MTS!!!!!!! Loooooong time coming.:
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 2011-09-06, 02:52 PM

Free preview October 6 to 23

Here's the official press release. I noticed an interesting tidbit:
Quote:
MTS Ultimate TV customers will also have the opportunity to view NHL Centre Ice for free from October 6 to 23, 2011. . Stay tuned for further details. To order NHL Centre Ice, call 204-225-5687 (CALLMTS) or visit www.mts.ca/nhlci for more information.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in