Fibre Optic Installations (with pictures) - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-05-15, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Fibre Optic Installations (with pictures)

Hello, i see some interest & confusion about fiber in the home. I have done a few installs (still perfecting) thought i'd drop a couple pictures for any who are interested. They can be found in my album onsite here.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/album.php?albumid=759

All comments welcome,... i realize now as i look back on them,... not great installs, fiber enters enclosure trays under the o.n.t.'s on the wrong side, bad set up causing high & low voltage runs to cross & there are some other problems noticeably,... but all things considered... time, space & other problems made me do it. Not perfect, but am improving. Paece.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2011-05-17 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Moved to new thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-05-17, 01:31 AM

awesome pictures
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-05-17, 08:52 AM

Thanks for the pics. It helps people visualize what the installation will look like. Labeling on the pics is a great idea and very clear. Anyone having trouble reading the labels can zoom in with their browser after they click on the thumbnail.

I noticed that MTS is using fibre for voice as well. Some other telcos are keeping the old POTS wiring for voice and just using the fibre for TV and internet.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-05-21, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Yes Sir, True.
Cause is, not wanting to maintain more than 1 service to a property,.. as in.. expending resources repairing & maintaining copper service lines for phone & fibre line for t.v. & internet. No need.
Yes sir, voice as well. The whole package on 1 service line.
Future skylines with less aerial line runs blocking the view.
cause & effect
Please be careful where you dig.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-05-22, 10:13 AM

Should also be more reliable years down the road as there will be no chance of twisted pair "wet cable splice" failures.

I would think that MTS is going to have a lot of these in 2011 because of the high ground water seeping into the splices installed in the 70's and 80's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in