Changes / Improvements you would like to see in MTS Ultimate TV? - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 2011-05-27, 12:07 PM

yes that is possible. but the navigation is very slow, and that was prior to the fiasco of the latest update, which has imposed a 3-4 second delay in the pvr receiving the remotes commands. Must be due to high sunspot activity in my living room, or maybe its dark matter.

what he is talking about is the same that i posted. why cant the pvr automatically pick up the channels that you are subscribed to? so instead of having to go through each channel individually to find what you want, only show what you actually have, with the ability to customize from there?

i my self was extremely happy with the service prior to last update, but find that the new 'enhancements' really piss me off. nothing like an unresponsive remote, that after 12 seconds decides to react to EVERY command that you sent to the PVR, that it had ignored. stupid last channel 'feature' is retarded. the new aspect ratio is no longer any good. nothing like having to spend a good 30-40 seconds to change the aspect ratio that used to take 5 seconds.

not really sure who the idiots are at MTS who come up with these new 'enhancments/features', they obviously do not even use MTS tv, as they would have seen within the first 5 minutes, how stupid they are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 2011-05-27, 12:13 PM

I do agree with you on some points. However I really don't think MTS is entirely at fault here. They only implement the software upgrades that Microsoft designs. If it were possible to revert to the previous version of MediaRoom I'd do it right now.

Last edited by mac2crack; 2011-05-27 at 12:13 PM. Reason: spelling
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 2011-05-28, 12:20 AM

you do realize that MTS has probably next to nothing to do with the "enhancements" when I start reading about what Telus and AT&T customers are having for problems it is pretty evident that it is a Microsoft issue.

I know that is hard to believe since Microsoft never causes problems with updates to it's software :P LOL. Still from what I keep reading here and on the AT&T forum I would have to venture a guess that whatever the issues Microsoft is likely getting an earful to fix things

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 2011-05-30, 11:33 AM
Rookie

Lorne,
You can customize the channels in the Guide but all channels show up when you search !
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 2011-05-30, 11:46 AM

@Don J, I found that if I customize and remove channels, those channels don't show up when I do a search. This cuts down on the search results if you remove channels you don't subscribe to or don't watch.

For example, if you have an SD TV and remove the HD broadcast networks, they won't show up in the search results. Conversely, if you have an HD TV and remove the SD "duplicate" channels, you won't see them in the searches. You can also remove the timeshift channels you don't subscribe to and remove the clutter.
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 2011-06-01, 11:22 AM
Rookie

Dave,
I have customised the grid but when I do a search I still get a whack of hits for channels I don't have.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 2011-06-01, 01:11 PM

@Don J, here's the test I tried:
1. Customize the channel guide so that 17 YTVe is check-marked and 18 YTVw is not.
2. Search for "Scaredy".
3. You should get results for "Scaredy Squirrel" on channel 17 and not 18.
4. Customize the guide so that 17 and 18 are not checked.
5. Repeat the search and you will get no matches.

If you get different results, please post the Mediaroom version you're using.

Edit: To customize the guide, press Menu, Settings, Television, Customize channel guide. (I'm not talking about changing the favourites.)
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 2011-06-02, 09:31 AM
Rookie

I confirmed it with one other person here at work ( MTS ).
We both have customised our guides. Coincidentally we both searched for 'hockey' and both received a whack of hits for channels we don't have.
I found out from one of the Ultimate TV support people that there is a setting in MediaRoom which if set, would populate the Guide with only your subscribed channels.
So for at least some subscribers the idea that the only results returned are for their subscribed channels is wrong !.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 2011-06-02, 09:41 AM

Don J, did you try my test? I just tried it again and got the same results.

Is the Mediaroom setting for subscribed channels something that can be changed by a user or is it set by the provider?

Are you using the current production version of Mediaroom - 2.0.26496.3?

Edit: There's a difference between subscribed channels and customized channels.

Edit2: I tried your "hockey" test and got "That's Hockey 2 Nite" along with many other shows. I have this guide customized so TSN (22) is included but TSN HD (475) is not. The results only showed the channel 22 shows and not the channel 475 shows.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 2011-06-02, 10:20 AM
Rookie

No, I didn't try your test. I didn't see it until this morning and I'm away from home.
I am aware of the difference between subscribed and customised channels. My friend and I have both customised our guides to only show our subscribed channels.
As for the the mediaroom version - I'm not sure of the version number but it was recently upgraded and I have have the latest changes to the Last Channel functionality
The Mediaroom setting is set by MTS not the customer.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 2011-06-02, 10:27 AM
Rookie

Question answered !!!
I talked to the guy who's in charge of running the servers and mediaroom for MTS Ultimate TV. It's a known problem that a search will deliver results from unsubscribed channels.

MTS has talked to Microsoft and is waiting for an response.

He says we're running 2.0.3.3
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 2011-06-02, 11:39 AM

Thanks for the update Don. Good to know there's a new version in the works.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 2013-01-27, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozza View Post
1) Colour-coded guides, or the ability to search by genre (movies, sports, etc.)

2) One more HD stream!

3) Smartphone programming

4) Exporting of recorded material
I just realized I (sort of) got two out of my four requests (so far)!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in