Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MTS TV 2011 New Channels Discussion

31K views 106 replies 29 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 ·
New Channels always generate a lot of discussion so this thread is for discussing new channels in 2011.

You're welcome to speculate and discuss new channels coming to MTS in 2011 but PLEASE unless it's been confirmed by an official press release, be clear about what is speculation and what is fact.

A post saying "a CSR said it was coming" is NOT official, however, it does put it in the "highly" likely category.

If its posted on the CRTC site that its been approved by the CRTC but MTS has not said anything, I would consider that in the "not very likely at this time" category.

Replaces: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=115116

#29 ·
HD Weather Station update from MTS

This is the reply I received from MTS yesterday when I inquired about the status of the HD Weather Station 450.

mts.tv.services@mts.ca to me

Thank you for your email.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, The Weather Network HD (channel 450)
and Family Channel HD (channel 452) on Ultimate TV have been delayed
until the end of 2011. We will be working to launch these channels
later this year.

#42 ·
1. Bell (aka Expressvu) is confirmed to be carrying the Jets regional channel.
2. TSN is owned by Bell.

It might be that it is intentional kept exclusive to Bell to drive subscriptions there.
Exactly my point - it won't be MTS' fault (or Shaw's) if they don't get the TSN Jets channel for the fist season. Bell will hang onto it as long as they can...

#43 ·
Maybe......but it doesn't make sense to do that in Manitoba. I wouldn't think that Bell has a very high percentage of TV subscribers in Manitoba, even if people jump ship to them. I can't see a lot of advertisers wanting to spend big ad $$ when their ads are only reaching a small percentage of Manitobans.

Financially it makes no sense to retain exclusivity....Bell can't be that dumb.

#47 ·
An off the record conversation with someone from MTS today... he's heard through the grapevine that MTS is being shut down by Bell in any talks for the channel right now (probably Bell charging too much), but that if/when it comes, it could be carried in the existing Sports HD package and the same package as Sportsnet is in for SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.