Best MTS Ultimate TV Deal - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2010-01-13, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Best MTS Ultimate TV Deal

As the subject says...what is the best deal out there right now for two STB's and the HD packages?

I seem to recall people talking about free pvr for life...is that the case?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 02:51 AM

Yeah, but I think you can only get this deal if you are a Shaw winback customer (ie. you have Shaw phone, TV, and internet)

Don't quote me, but it's usually free lifetime PVR function, free lifetime rental of 2 STB, free 1 year of HD Starter theme, and Basic + 9 themes for 1 year at a special price.

I've never seen anyone get more than 2 STB rentals free, either.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2010-01-14, 10:43 AM

I got 3 free STB rentals for life as a Shaw winback. I told them that I used to have 3 feeds with the classic MTS TV and needed to have that and they agreed.

Also, I got Basic + 11 themes for some reason, even though they only told me I'd get 9.

Finally, my dad is an existing classic TV customer and kept getting offers from Shaw as well as lousy offers from MTS for Ultimate TV. He called MTS, asked for retention and told them Shaw was a better offer. He ended up with 2 free STB and free PVR for life, free HD starter for 1 year, free install, discounted TV (for 6 months I think), and discounted internet because Shaw was offering 15Mbps.

I think MTS really needs customers to support all the infrastructure they are rolling out, so they are willing to give a lot to get people to sign up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in