MTS Ultimate TV and Windows Media Center - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-12-27, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

MTS Ultimate TV and Windows Media Center

I am trying to configure my Media Center Extender to allow viewing the TV from our room and be able to record stuffs to my PC and I'm having problems changing channels. It seems that the Service provider is being assumed as MTS TV and not Ultimate (with more channels). Whenever I change channels, it sometimes skips some channels and I think the channel guide is set to MTS Digital TV instead. Is there any timeline as to when the channel guide in Media Center will get the MTS Ultimate as one of the providers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-12-29, 01:39 AM

I'm not sure where Microsoft gets their guide information for their TV Service Providers. Zap2it (the same one listed on mywinnipeg.com) which uses Tribune for their guide lists all the channels for Ultimate TV.

From what I found however, you can manually add a channel in Media Centre from the instructions listed below:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...guide.aspx#Add

Hope this helps.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-12-29, 10:26 AM

I just took a look at the channel lineups at MTS.CA for Classic and Ultimate and they are identical except for the HD channels.

If you are having problems changing channels it is most likely a problem with the setup or position of you IR blaster.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-12-29, 12:08 PM

It sounds like he means WMC gets its guide info only for the classic mts. They still show classic mts as having the original 8 HD channels (51-58 I think) so WMC probably doesn't even see the new HD channels.

Good luck, hope you figure it out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in