Current MTS Ultimate TV Promo's? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 2009-11-13, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

Current MTS Ultimate TV Promo's?

thinking of signing up...did any new promos start in november? is it better to visit the store or call on the phone?

i currently have shaw direct satellite.

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 2009-11-13, 12:41 PM

I have two offers that came in Nov 12, 2009 mail. One from Shaw one from MTS. I currently have Shaw Phone (lite) & HS Internet on a $46/mth promo and Bell for TV.

Shaw offer - $84.95/mth/12 mths for Extreme Internet, Basic Phone (free LD north america 1 yr) and Digital TV with HD Plus, free HD-PVR for 1 year and free DCT700 for 1 year

MTS offer - $72/mth/12 mths with 1st mth free for HS Internet Lightning, Phone essentials (free LD n/a), Ultimate TV Basic & 9 themes, 2 free HD boxes and whole house PVR free for the your entire time with MTS.

They both continue to fight over clients. MTS is cheaper BUT Shaw's install and cabling schema is way easier for most customers. MTS requires cat5 to the first connection then coax.

Shaw's installers can be better in many ways, but you occasionally get a real LOON.

Vis
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 2009-11-13, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

hmmm....what if i just want to have my tv from mts? do you think it would be possible to get the 2 free hd boxes and pvr for life free?

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 2009-11-13, 08:10 PM

Are you able to scan the MTS promo?
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 2009-11-13, 11:20 PM

I'm assuming that the 2 STB/PVR for life is only for Winbacks right now. I heard people here talking about how they got this sweet promo at the Home Show or whatever it was recently, but I asked about a week ago and was told that only the "regular" 6 month promo is on right now.

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 2009-11-14, 09:29 AM

I still think they are going to make the PVR service an included service (ie, no charge) - as they changed the main page of the package info to reflect that. It used to say $5/mth. Not any more...
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 2009-11-14, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

in all reality...it's just a cash grab since the units have the pvr function in them already...
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 2009-11-15, 02:46 AM

Thing is, they control the PVR function from their end. If you're not paying for it (or on a promo) then they disable the PVR function and it won't work at all. It is weird though, since the hard drive is inside the box anyway, but I guess they found that to be a way to make money.

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 2009-11-16, 08:53 AM

I gave copies of the offer to two co-workers who are both original MTS TV people. MTS gave them the HD/PVR promo ... for life!

You only know if you ask!
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 2009-11-16, 08:29 PM

My father-in-law called MTS when he was ready to upgrade to ultimate (it was about a month ago that he was notified that he was eligible, but he had plans for a new tv first)

He said to them off the bat (in a friendly tone) "I want the best deal possible. I've been a loyal TV customer for years..." and so on. She said the best she could do was the 6 month promo. I was surprised, as I told him about the lifetime promo, so he was hoping to get it. I thought it was a sure thing, since so many people are lucky enough to get it.

I figured that it would also help that they hadn't been on a promo for a long time, but I guess not. He wasn't too bothered by it, in any case.

I might end up in the same boat. I had my appointment to switch everything to shaw, and I think I called MTS to tell them I'd be cancelling or something. Anyway, a few days before my appointment, they call and give me the Winback promo, no questions asked! So I think it'll be to my detriment if they ever get Ultimate to my area anytime soon.

Blah blah blah, you know.
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 2009-11-20, 01:19 PM
Rookie

post MTS winback offer

Would you be able to scan that MTS winback offer?
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 2009-11-22, 05:53 PM

visiter where is this supposed promo you have? I've never seen it anywhere.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 2009-11-23, 11:14 AM

I agree - I've seen the two-year offer, and I have that one now... but not a "lifetime" offer, anywhere.
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-03-22, 11:05 PM
Rookie

MTS Winback promos (switching from Shaw)

Has anybody had recent experience with the current MTS Winback promo? I'm considering switching from Shaw to MTS and was curious what they are currently offering (i'm a current HDPVR TV and Hi-Speed Internet customer - no Home Phone).

Along the same lines... did anyone go to the HomeExpressions (Home and Garden) show at the Convention centre this past weekend? I know in the past years they had some wicked winback deals promo'ed there and I wasn't able to make it this year!!

Thanks!!

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2010-03-23 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Moved to existing thread
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-03-23, 08:31 PM

The standard offer on mts.ca is (bundled prices):

TV - Basic + 9 theme groups, first 3 months $25, free PVR service, 2 free STB rental.
Internet - Lightning, first 3 months $20.

I have heard the offer extended to 6 months recently.

I wasn't at the home show but I heard they had a $72 promo (not sure for how many months). You could call them and see if you can still get it. I'm pretty sure you could get it for $45 without phone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in