Current MTS Ultimate TV Promo's? - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-03-24, 12:29 AM

I was at the home show on the weekend and no "special" home show deals were to be had with MTS at all. Shaw was no where to be found at least in my travels, didn`t see them at all at the show!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-03-24, 09:15 AM

Apparently Shaw was there in a back corner.... You just had to follow the sound of the crickets to find them
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-03-24, 06:17 PM

LOL off in the bushes apparently nothing new to show @ the show!!!

post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-03-27, 06:37 PM

When I was in Polo Park today, they had a special display in the centre of the mall near the escalators with this offer:

TV - Basic + 9 theme groups, first 6 months $25 (bundled price), free PVR service, 2 free STB rental.

The offer is until Mar. 28.

Last year when they had a promo like this, they had it at a different mall for successive weekends. I don't know if this is the last weekend or if there will be more weekend promos.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-08-23, 03:26 PM

Best Deal from MTS?

Hello everyone,

I am thinking about moving my TV service and I was wondering if you would share what kind of deals you have from MTS.

I currently have Shaw Direct, MTS Internet, and MTS phone. I am thinking about either moving my TV over to MTS, or moving all three over to Shaw.

What I like about MTS is the Whole Home PVR thing. I have 3 HDTV's and I don't want to have to buy 3 HDPVR's.

Any ideas on what kind of deal I can get from MTS? Any killer promotions that are not advertised?

Thanks.
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-08-23, 04:51 PM

One bundle that may interest you is the Free Wireless Plan: http://www.mts.ca/wireless

Subscribe to: MTS Home Phone + MTS Internet + MTS TV and sign a 3 year contract for wireless (new or existing customer). Phones start at $0.

The monthly credit of $28.50 covers the unbundled price of the plan and the "Wireless Network Charge" so the plan is free. Plus you still get the monthly bundle discount of $5, so they actually pay you $5/month.

If you decide on a higher priced plan, you get the $28.50 credit and just end up paying the difference.

You can pick any voice phone at the 3 year contract price. There are a couple that are free on contract. There is a one-time activation fee of $40, but you get a credit of $100 for porting your phone number over from another carrier.
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-08-24, 09:42 AM

That is a nice perk Dr.Dave, that is another thing that might make me go the MTS route.

I am hoping to hear more examples like earlier in the thread where people got 2 free HD Boxes and Free PVR for life. That sounds like a good deal.

I also stumbled accross a MTS offering in Brandon and it was Basic + 11 groups for $30 ($25 bundled) plus whole home PVR and 2 HD rentals for 24 months.

If I could get the offer at the beginning of the thread I think I would be happy.

MTS offer - $72/mth/12 mths with 1st mth free for HS Internet Lightning, Phone essentials (free LD n/a), Ultimate TV Basic & 9 themes, 2 free HD boxes and whole house PVR free for the your entire time with MTS.
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-08-24, 09:58 AM

As far as I know, MTS has discontinued the "free for life" promo. I know someone that tried to get it, but Ultimate TV wasn't in her area. Now that she can get Ultimate TV, they told her that the "free for life" promo is not available.

You could try to get the Brandon deal. At least it's something that that they should be able to put through.

Even at regular prices, the first STB is included in the price of Ultimate TV and the others are pretty reasonable.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2010-08-24 at 11:16 AM. Reason: clarification
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-09-13, 10:15 AM
Veteran

MTS Promo

(Thanks Dave...didn't see this thread)

What is the best Promo out there for a person upgrading from Classic (with internet and home phone) to Ultimate?

In other words what is the best deal a person can expect?
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-09-13, 03:13 PM
Mav

Location: Saskatoon, SK Pioneer VSX-9140TXH, Samsung LN46C630, Sanyo PLV-Z2000, PS3, MTS TV
In addition to the free cell plan, you can also get a $15 credit if you have internet, phone and tv. Adds up to a $45 credit.
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-10-21, 03:42 PM

Here is the 2009 offer for the individual who thought it was not real.

http://members.shaw.ca/wcira/MTS%20Offer%202009.pdf

2010 Offer six months at $85 for phone, MTS TV & Internet (and the "free" wireless if you want it)

http://members.shaw.ca/wcira/MTS%20Offer%202010.pdf
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-10-21, 06:00 PM

What does free wireless plan actually mean?
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-10-21, 07:27 PM

Just to ad a little spice to this mix... I have been on MTS Ultimate for 18 months now. I also have my home phone (20 years) and Internet with them. This next round of new HD channels is a gross loss for me. Because of the mix of packages I currently have I need to add 4 more in order to just retain the HD content I now have. If I want to add any it will be a minimum of $13.00 plus tax. That does not include Setana as it is a stand alone SD and out of my interest range. My current bill is $135.00 a month which includes most of the movies etc. I do not have any "promo" deals of any kind.
I emailed MTS with my concerns. The very short reply was essentially "thanks for coming out". We will not give anything to keep you. As a result I have contacted Shaw Direct and have had several very nice folks promise me the moon for making the switch. I have not made up my mind yet as I would like a direct phone conversation with a Supervisor at MTS before I bail, but so far I am not holding out much hope.
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-10-21, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by visiter555 View Post
Here is the 2009 offer for the individual who thought it was not real.

http://members.shaw.ca/wcira/MTS%20Offer%202009.pdf

2010 Offer six months at $85 for phone, MTS TV & Internet (and the "free" wireless if you want it)

http://members.shaw.ca/wcira/MTS%20Offer%202010.pdf
You forgot to blank out your name in the second one on the second line, Wilson.

As for the free wireless, it's pretty much just that - a $28.50 credit against a wireless plan, which is enough to get the basic "Insider" plan for free, no charges or fees. I myself credited against my already decent unlimited data plan, so now I pay ~$200 for HDTV, high speed internet, home phone w/ unlimited NA long distance and unlimited wireless data and 300 minutes a month for my cell. Shaw can't come close to touching that.
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 2010-10-21, 10:01 PM

You call $200 a month a good deal? I hardly think so. Right now with Shaw i'm paying about $90 a month for xtreme speed internet, digital phone light with free long distance, and full cable with HD plus. As for a cell, I use pay as you go which is like $20 a month.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in